Deficiency??

Schmatzi
on 6/29/15 6:47 am - TX

Good morning,

I need some help I think. My surgery was a little over three years ago and everything was good. For about two months now I get migraines every now and then and sometimes wake up at night soaked in sweat.  Last week I woke up and my joints in my ankles, toes, knees and elbows were hurting. That lasted for two days and Iin the evenings I got chills. That stopped after two days. Since Sunday I have the same thing again. I already made an appointment with a doctor for this afternoon but wanted to check if anybody had something like that before and if it could be any deficiency??? 

I appreciate any feedback 

Start weight: 318 lbs (1/2012), Current weight: 188 lbs (6/2015)

Other changes: I can fit in a movie theatre seat, I can't wear a bikini yet but i can wear a bathing suit,  I have run 2 full marathons and 4 half marathons. Currently training for the BIG one in NYC in November 2015.

Pictures and information on my goal can be found at http://runwithtfk.org/Profile/PublicPage/24700

MajorMom
on 6/29/15 2:56 pm - VA

I don't recognize these as some kind of vitamin deficiency. Could be a reaction to something or some autoimmune issue. Please keep us posted.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Schmatzi
on 6/30/15 3:21 pm - TX

HI Gina,

thanks for your reply. I saw my doctor yesterday. You are head on. My ANA test just came back positive. My doctor thinks Lupus or Rheumatoid Arthritis.... waiting for the other blood results. 

Start weight: 318 lbs (1/2012), Current weight: 188 lbs (6/2015)

Other changes: I can fit in a movie theatre seat, I can't wear a bikini yet but i can wear a bathing suit,  I have run 2 full marathons and 4 half marathons. Currently training for the BIG one in NYC in November 2015.

Pictures and information on my goal can be found at http://runwithtfk.org/Profile/PublicPage/24700

MajorMom
on 6/30/15 5:41 pm - VA

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope whatever it is isn't severe and can be easily treated.

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

JazzyOne9254
on 7/4/15 12:28 am

I have a Duodenal Switch, Lupus and Fibromyalgia. 

My bariatric surgery made it possible for medicines that were not effective at my high weight (405)

effective after I lost my first 200 pounds.

The symptoms you describe sound a lot like Lupus.  It could also be a number of other things.

Do the testing, so you know what you're dealing with.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 356 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 133 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1049 views