Vitamin patch question.

katinhouston
on 8/25/15 3:11 am - Houston, TX

I was looking into buying the patchmd patches. I notice that they have a multi, calcium, d, and b12 vitamin patches.  Right now I am on the vitalady regimen and take iron, vitamin C, copper, zinc, separate a,d,e,k, biotin, b complex, b12, calcium citrate, and a multi vitamin.

My question is this- does the multi vitamin cover all of our needs? Do you still take iron separately? Calcium? Do you do the multi vitamin patch along with the vitamin d and b12 patches? Seems like a lot of patches to have stuck to you-lol, but I guess better than swallowing a bunch of pills!

Thanks for your help!

PeteA
on 8/25/15 5:30 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I tried the vitamin D patches and they didn't work out as well as I expected but a lot of people have had some success with them. There is a patch FB group you might look into for more specific info.

From what I have seen the Multi does not cover all the needs. I don't think any of the patches have iron. The people I have seen do both the vitamin D and mutli patches - not to sure about the calcium but most people are pretty careful about switching over and time it so they can get labs after a month or 2 to make sure everything is working the way they expected and then may supplement with oral vitamins to make up the difference.

Once I realized I wasn't getting any boost from the D I haven't followed as close as I used to though. I think my issue had more to do with excess skin and placement of the patches but I realized I was more irritated with the patches than with the pills. Probably a case of old dog and new tricks. :)

Pete

Valerie G.
on 8/25/15 12:13 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I take the multi and extra calcium just for favorable stool consistency.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

k__
on 8/25/15 4:34 pm - Bellevue, WA
DS on 08/06/15

I phoned PatchMD with this very question. Honored to received a callback from the owner with his answer: he said I should be fine with one of the multivitamin patches, a VitD/Calcium patch and a Vitamin B patch. He said I should need nothing further. I ordered from them (I believe there is a 40% discount available through? not sure end date) and plan to try them for a year, while getting regular blood work done. If at any point I see drops in a particular vitamin/mineral level, I'll do additional supplements. Crossing my fingers the patches will get me most, if not all, of the way there. Good luck!

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/25/15 7:25 pm

Multi and The B12 patch have a lot (combined) Vit B6. way more than we need. At one time (not because of patches) I got toxic levels of B6. Now - 2 years later - when i try to avoid any extra B6 (only take that in my multi - my B6 dropped to almost normal level (still high - but only a few points high- and not 4 x the high normal level..)

Please make sure that you get tested for that. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

k__
on 8/25/15 7:31 pm - Bellevue, WA
DS on 08/06/15

I saw one of your previous posts about that. I'll keep a close eye on it when I get my levels tested. The moment it looks like it may be headed out of range, I'll correct it however it needs to happen. Thanks for he caveat!

cherylbaker
on 9/1/15 7:59 am
On August 25, 2015 at 4:34 PM Pacific Time, k__ wrote:

I phoned PatchMD with this very question. Honored to received a callback from the owner with his answer: he said I should be fine with one of the multivitamin patches, a VitD/Calcium patch and a Vitamin B patch. He said I should need nothing further. I ordered from them (I believe there is a 40% discount available through? not sure end date) and plan to try them for a year, while getting regular blood work done. If at any point I see drops in a particular vitamin/mineral level, I'll do additional supplements. Crossing my fingers the patches will get me most, if not all, of the way there. Good luck!

does anyone know the code for the 40 percent discount? I would like to try these

thanks

RNY 2000 - HW 400 - LW 140 

Maintained 180 for 7 yrs regained to 300

DS 7/8/14 with Dr Roslin

HW 300 - SW 280 - CW 3/17 182 - GW 169

Updated 6/28/15 CW 155 - GW 149

Cardamom
on 9/2/15 8:42 am

PMD40 expires 10/31

SW:218 Surgery Weight: 204 on 7/20 M1:178.5 (-25.5) M2:164.5 (-14) M3:151 (-13.5) M4:144 (-7) M5:138.8 (-5)  CW:131.6  GW:130

katinhouston
on 8/26/15 7:57 am - Houston, TX

Thanks everyone for the responses! 

Since i have iron issues, I would think I would need to keep taking the iron supplements and calcium.

at this point I will have my year labs drawn and make sure everything looks good then consider switching to patches!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 148 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 690 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views