Still using Fish Zole?

biggeekgirl
on 9/30/15 5:35 am

I tried searching and haven't seen a Flagyl post since 2011. 

I am more than 10 years out. For a while in years 5-6 I took a 3x a week maintenance dose. I stopped for various reasons. 

I am am pretty sure I'm suffering an out of balance bacteria issue. I've moved away from my surgeon and my Pcp is clueless. I had an endoscopy done and all looks good. But oh the pain I can only guess is coming from gas overload. 

My question: for a while Flagyl was taken off the market / recalled and so was Fishzole.  Are those concerns resolved?  Is Fishzole still okay to take?

I see I can order it again but I'm afraid since the time off the market it's changed?   

Thanks!

Cindy

Surgery on 4/25/05 , Dr. Alverdy in Chicago.  God Bless the DS !!!
Highest Weight = 412lbs, Surgery Weight = 359lbs, Current Weight = 155lbs (5'7" tall)http://www.picturetrail.com/gid8138761
 Lilypie

Valerie G.
on 9/30/15 8:30 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Good question!

I, too, am nearing my 10 yr mark and I've found that that majority of my problems came from food.  It took years before I put onions on my no-go-list, and boy what a change that was.  Everything else has been remedied with a couple of bottles of kefir over a few days.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

PattyL
on 9/30/15 10:06 am

It's the same stuff.  I keep a bottle of fish mox and fish zole in the fridge just in case!

biggeekgirl
on 9/30/15 10:26 am

Thank you!

(I actually added a pretty strong probiotic to my routine about 2 months ago and while I think it's helped with vitamin absorption it hadn't helped the gas!)

And I love onions, peppers, broccoli, etc and don't want to give them up. Gas caused by food is one thing I've made peace with. But this is much worse. 

Im in going to try a round of Zole and maybe Mox and see if it helps. 

Surgery on 4/25/05 , Dr. Alverdy in Chicago.  God Bless the DS !!!
Highest Weight = 412lbs, Surgery Weight = 359lbs, Current Weight = 155lbs (5'7" tall)http://www.picturetrail.com/gid8138761
 Lilypie

sweetpotato1959
on 10/2/15 11:40 pm

If you know what rabbit tobacco is, make some tea with about 12 leaves of it.(with a peppermint tea bag, for taste) drink it in two sittings about 4 hours apart.....it re balances my enzymes, and reduces the gas... still may be an enzyme issue, may not have gotten the correct balance, and they don't correct overnight... lomatium might help as well.I use it occassionally ..I use 2cc 2x a day in 10 cc water... for two or three days, stops andy yeast overgrowth, and all things contrary to health, but is non toxic.dh

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 164 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 697 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 238 views