surgery date and confused

alishak
on 2/9/16 2:51 pm

Hey everyone. So i know i posted about my 6-8 week diet that was pretty odd compared to everything else ive read from others. It hasnt been going super well without a kitchen and last week im pretty sure i broke a toe or something i havent been able to put full weight on it since. But today i called my surgeons office and the office lady said we can do it on the 22nd. This month so two weeks!  I still have to do my psych eval. And one more blood test that i know of. But what im confused about is i know that date isnt set in stone yet because i still have to do those two things. And they have to submit to insurance. But dont i have to pay for surgery the day of. And although she put me down on their calander is that normal to give me that date when all my stuff isnt done yet? Also i just decided to do what most other diets ive read do since its supposedly in two weeks i was thinking of doing the two protien shakes and a small healthy meal or lean cuisine for dinner or even broth based soups until surgery what do u think?  That will most likely be easier fir me anyways since i have no kitchen. Also im getting irritated because i am having the hardest time finding somewhere to have the psych eval. U would think my surgeons office would have a number. They used to but the person moved to another state like a month ago. And she told me to ask my primary care dr. 

PattyL
on 2/10/16 1:06 pm

Some practices have it all mapped out for you and others not so much.  Honestly this is probably an insight to what your long term postop care would be like through this practice.  Surgeons are cutters.  After the cutting is done, and in your case before the cutting is done, there is not much support.

I would just do what I had to do to get it done.

alishak
on 2/10/16 1:24 pm

Thats what my step sister said shes 4 months out from the same surgeon.  He has really good bedside manner though which is good. I did end up getting my psych eval schedualed. I guess it will be in two appointments. But its this friday. And then tuesday. So not so bad. Im doing good so far today on my pre op diet. With the shakes. So much better than before this is at least obtainable for me. Super excited. Trying to make lists of things to get done beforw surgery, and things to bring and what not.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 362 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views