Switched!

harrietvane
on 2/12/16 4:58 am
DS on 02/09/16

Hi everyone. I have lurked on this board for a while, soaking up all the information as I made the decision to revise my lap band to a duodenal switch. Well, the big day was Tuesday. Wednesday was pretty awful, but Thursday I started to feel human again and this morning I was practically jumping at the chance to have some Gatorade goodness.

I just wanted to introduce myself - there aren't many DS posters from outside of North America as far as I can tell. I'm an Aussie living in Singapore, who came all the way to Montreal for the surgery - and to enjoy the -19C temperatures outside!

I look forward to continuing to learn from all of your stories, and hopefully be able to share some of my own as I go.

Sumundo311
on 2/12/16 6:48 am - Saskatoon, Canada

Congratulations, it will be a wonderful ride. Best of luck, I am 10 years out and still really happy, you have a lot to look forward to.

Susan C

Nov. 14/2005 I have reached the 10 year mark and I am very glad I had this surgery and can live a normal life.

larra
on 2/12/16 10:29 am - bay area, CA

Congratulations on your DS!

I've been to Montreal in the winter. I can relate! But having your DS to take home with you will be worth it.

Larra

MajorMom
on 2/12/16 2:30 pm - VA

Welcome to the dark side!  

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

alishak
on 2/14/16 6:23 pm

Congrats! Keep ur progress posted. Im having my ds in about a week and a half. 

RJC5197
on 2/29/16 10:55 am - MI
RNY on 05/17/16

Congrats.

I am looking to have my vertical band from 20 years ago revised to DS.

I am excited o get rid of all the problems I have had for years and being told I had to live with it, till now, when I found Dr. to do revisions.

I look forward to your and their progress details.

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 360 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 134 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1050 views