Rosie O'Donnell and her V.S.G.

Batwingsman
on 4/5/16 4:20 pm - Garland, TX

She's done well with it, but she really didn't need to take that dig at the DS (i.e. no re-routing of the intestines or "issues with going to the bathroom in public")  

http://www.people.com/article/rosie-donnell-opens-up-about-weight-loss

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

kellye71
on 4/7/16 10:38 am - Lancaster, SC

What I found particularly interesting is the comment, "But your relationship with food ends" .... um WHAT??? 

Since WHEN did the relationship with food end after WLS???  Maybe it did for HER, but for her to generalize that the food issues are over and done with after WLS like it's some magic pill that cures the battles many of us face with emotional eating, head hunger, binging, etc., that statement is just pure BS.

I had WLS and I continued to struggle with food - wanting what I shouldn't have, overeating even though I knew it could cause pain/discomfort & was bad for me.  Those struggles continue today even after I just had a revision -- head hunger persists, craving things I shouldn't eat.  I accept that it is a battle I will likely have for the rest of my life.

I'm happy she had success with the sleeve - I did too to a point, but it is all individualized.  She should know that.  Shame on her for making it sound like all the things we battle just ***poof*** disappear once the WLS is completed.

If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

-- African Proverb

Sunshine16
on 4/13/16 6:11 am

Well the true does hurt sometimes, we are more conscious of using the bathroom in public, like our job. 

But she was definitely wrong on conveying as though WLS is a magic pill.  The head hungry is real.  Plus she is still a newby in her WLS journey, let see how she is in another 2-5 years.

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 108 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 657 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views