Fermented Foods...

twodelight
on 4/20/16 3:22 pm - Atlanta, GA

To the vets do you eat any type of fermented foods to aid in digestion. Recently I have started eating fermented cucumbers also known as pickles and because it's a good probiotic it has tremendously helped with my gas and bloated issues. It has also made a difference in my bowels whereas they are more solid in form verses diarrhea like which is a great plus. I thought I read somewhere the topic of fermented foods was discussed and wanted to get your thoughts. I eat this brand from whole foods called Buddies. The liquid is cloudy which contain the live cultures that gets rid of that bad gut flora. I eat a couple a day. They are a little sour but I like sour. Pleare chime in if you are familiar. Thanks

PattyL
on 4/21/16 12:40 pm

There is a lady who makes water kefir on the FB group.  I believe she does a lot of other fermented stuff too/natural probiotics, etc.  You may want to check there.  The water kefir looks really interesting but I have never tried it.  I do eat the natural pickles.  I save the juice and put HB eggs in it for a couple days when the pickles are gone!

twodelight
on 4/21/16 9:21 pm - Atlanta, GA

Thanks for the reply. Eating the natural pickles do you feel they help. What are HBO eggs?

PattyL
on 4/22/16 12:18 am

Sorry!  Hard boiled.  Just peel and dump them in the juice and voila!  In a couple days you have pickled eggs!

twodelight
on 4/22/16 6:36 am - Atlanta, GA

I'm a have to try that to see what that taste like.  Never had pickled eggs before. 

Brandy G.
on 4/23/16 5:06 pm
DS on 08/20/14

Love 'em. 

On rough days or any time I get crampy, a shot of pickle juice is a god send.

August 2014 - DS @ Mexicali Bariatric Center / Ungson.
It took me one and a half years to lose 165 pounds.
Weight: High=314, Goal=155, Current=131

twodelight
on 4/23/16 7:32 pm - Atlanta, GA

Before bed I do a couple of tablespoons. 

KattattaK
on 4/24/16 6:51 am

If you like sour, sauerkraut (pickled cabbage) works well too. Whole Foods has a good one in a small plastic pouch, but I can't remember the brand.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 230 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 725 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 243 views