Gas & Flying

K P.
on 5/16/16 4:24 pm
DS on 07/08/14

Does anyone else fly regularly? I find that when I fly I become so gassy. Its so uncomfortable on the flight and for about the next year. I have tried simethicone but it doesn't help. Any other tips people have? 

My theory is because when you fly the pressure changes and causes excess gas. Typically a person with a normal stomach would just have room for the expansion, yet we don't due to the restriction. 

HW 284; SW 270; CW 152; Revised GW 140-160  

MajorMom
on 5/16/16 4:35 pm - VA

I haven't experienced extra gas related to flying but extra due to nerves or different food, yes.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/16 9:45 pm

I travel for work but have not noticed extra gas when flying. The biggest cause is generally what you ate during the 24 hours before flying, and whether or not you've had a recent bowl movement.

The same is pretty much true for any situation, not just flying.

Valerie G.
on 5/20/16 9:56 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I flew a lot for a few years, and strategic eating was my key to keeping gas at bay.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

VeronicaJ5
on 5/25/16 7:19 pm - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16

are you chewing gum to make your ears pop? could be the gas. I haven't gotten approved for my revision yet but I do have the vsg and haven't noticed any more gas than usually (which is a lot) I just flew most recently in august 2015 been sleeved since 2011 but in general fly at least once a year. It could be the pressure or are you doing something different when you fly? drinking from a straw? not drinking from a straw? gulping in extra air to relax?( really deep breaths) ?

310/190/170
sw/cw/gw
"I don't cry over spilled milk because I'm lactose intolerant"

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 247 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 733 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views