MyFitnessPal (MFP) pitfall

PeteA
on 7/2/16 5:53 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I've been getting back into using MyFitnessPal for tracking. Wanting to keep track of my protein and potassium. I 
recently couldn't figure out why my protein levels were so low on several days. It turns out that when I added meatloaf,
(home made and really good) what I selected from the database did not have any of the nutrition information associated
with it. Ooops.

Once I picked something different the levels went back to normal. Hah! Except where I added more because I thought 
I was low. Those days really jumped. 

Have a good holiday weekend everybody. Remember your vits and hydration as you get busy....

Pete

(deactivated member)
on 7/2/16 7:01 am

Yes, you're definitely right about that. I've used MyFitNessPal from the start to track nutrition and steps. I really like it.

The nutrition on the entries is often validated independently, in which case you'll see a green check mark next to the selection.

It's important to keep in mind that anyone can add to the database as they update the program so you need to check the info for reasonableness, or find a verified entry with the green check mark.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 264 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 740 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 248 views