The Anit Menu and Exercise Program - Sat June 23

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/16 11:00 am

My experience has been a little different than many here but I'll share today regardless. I started with a BMI of about 39 as a 6'1 male close to 300lbs. I had the SADI DS in Nov 14 and lost on the same schedule as many - faster at first, then moderate, then slower. I was concerned about WLS causing too much weight loss but was told and confirmed almost everyone body will gravitate to equilibrium, and from there it's up to us.

Today, I weigh about 142lbs and have been in a tight range of 3 to 5 lbs up and down no matter what I eat. I could enter the hot dog eating contest at Coney Island and if 70 dogs go in, 70 will come out and I'll weigh about 142lbs after my next bathroom break. I eat constantly throughout the day to prevent further weight loss, and sometimes feel like my stomach hurts from force feeding myself all day.

I'm otherwise healthy and get exercise with good lab results. All designer cloths fit me perfect and I can't decide if I should stop worrying about being too thin and consider this nirvana for a former morbidly fat guy, or is this something I should worry about.

Breakfast:

Dunkin Donuts - Sausage egg and cheese

French Crueller

Ring Dings

Cup of Pinnapple

Medium Ice Tea with Lemon and Sugar

Lunch:

Plate of large Shrimp

Peach

Small plate of rigatoni

Dinner:

Bowl of Mac and Cheese

Fish Sticks

2 oz of Ham

Ham Sandwich on roll

Snacks:

Pear

Peach

Vanilla Protein Smoothie

Mini Choc Chip Cookies

-Flo-
on 7/23/16 8:03 pm
DS on 04/11/16

Too much sugar or carbs gives me diarrhea. Do you have the same problem? You seem to have alot of sugar and carbs, maybe this is causing rapid transit time which is preventing you from absorbing the calories you need. 

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/16 9:08 pm

I am getting too much sugar and probably carbs. It gives me gas, and I have a substantial bowl movement 1 to 3 times daily. The weight loss came when I was eating many fewer calories and has stabilized at around 2,500 calories a daily so I'm guessing I'll malabsorb no matter what I eat.

Do you know if anyone else on this site has had an issue losing too much weight? I haven't seen other people post about this issue.

K P.
on 7/24/16 11:19 am
DS on 07/08/14

I have this issue.

My dr is still concerned that I am going to loose too much weight 2+ years out. I eat nonstop. Here's a sample of my daily food (during the work week):

Coffee with heavy cream

Coffee with half&half

2 egg muffins (about 1.5 eggs with peppers, onions, turkey sausage)

1/2 cup pistachios

1/4 cup peanuts

4-5 ounces meat (usually leftovers)

1/4 cup peanuts

graze box (variety snack I get usually about 15 carbs)

Maybe some more peanuts

Large salad with ample dressing

greek yogurt

Dinner - usually 4-5 ounces meat and grilled zucchini/yellow squash

Either a bowl of strawberries with a lot of whipped cream or sugar free jello with whipped cream

Kirkland protein bar - essentially a quest bar

Although I weight 133 pounds - and have the last year regardless of how much I eat - my dr is concerned with my low fat stores. She estimates I have about 15-20 lbs excess skin and takes that into consideration. They tell me to eat more and I try. I get about 2,500 calories a day. Since i've stabilized at this weight and all my labs are good we've been able to avoid creon. I just don't see the point. Part of me likes being able to eat all the time. On the bright side i'm healthy and have no major health problems. I wouldn't change having this surgery at all. 

I couldn't eat the carbs like you do though. I become what I loving call a gas bubble! And then I get diarrhea. So that isn't fun. 

I keep thinking that i'll see the scale go up one of these weeks and then I'll just cut back what I eat. But until that day comes I shall continue the feeding schedule. 

HW 284; SW 270; CW 152; Revised GW 140-160  

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/16 4:58 pm

Your story sounds similar to mine, although you probably only have about 4 to 5 lbs of excess skin. It doesn't weigh much so people often overestimate it.

Like you I have no body fat, and I mean zero. One doctor told me over the phone it was nearly impossible and then agreed I don't have any when we met in person. My only real concern is not having any stored fat for illness. A trip to the hospital for kidney stones created a serious medical issue due to low weight.

Im expecting to gain weight eventually but im not sure when or how much. My plan was to just cut back on calories when it happens.

The carbs are giving me gas so I need to scale back on that a lot.

thanks for your reply

Crazeru
on 7/25/16 11:48 am

Years ago when Lori kept losing too much weight.  Michelle (Vitalady) had her drinking 5-6 protein drinks a day on top of her regular food.  It was enough to get her back on track and she put on 15-20lb which put her back in the healthy range.  Her body needed more protein.  Something to try.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

-Flo-
on 7/23/16 10:29 pm
DS on 04/11/16

I have read about people losing too much. It is not common. Some people need to take creon to help them absorb more calories and nutrients. Have you seen your surgeon about this? I also sent you a pm with more info. 

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/16 7:29 am

Thx - my WLS surgeon isn't that concerned about it. As long as I don't drop lower, he thinks eventually I'll gravitate up.

PeteA
on 7/25/16 9:26 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Congrats. I'm at 3.5 years out of a regular DS. 6:1 and started at 464 - currently 220. I seem to be back on the losing track
with the addition of a great deal of exercise this summer.

We had different surgeries but just a warning. I lost easily the first 2 years and then hit about 220 and go up and down from there.
While my DS was very forgiving the first 2 years since then I struggle more like my non WLS friends and end up watching portions, eating more of my regular DS diet, etc. While some people seem to always have the same level of malabsorption in my case I think I gradually have come to feel that it isn't as effective as it once was.

Glad t hear about the designer clothes. Off the rack is a great pleasure for me. Not too happy for you at the zero body fat but I'm hoping time will give you a little bit of a cushion. Congrats!!!!!!

Pete

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/16 4:37 pm

Can I asked a gross question? 

After 2 years, did the consistency of your poop change when you started back on the normal weight gain and loss. I have heard that "pudding poop" which is still the norm for me is an indication the malabsorption is in full force. 

Ive heard that will change over time and I'm guessing that transition to normal consistency bowel movements is directly related to the malabsorption.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 258 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 738 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 246 views