Everything is just running right through me, Is this normal , please help!!!

DollyGirl3
on 8/10/16 10:21 pm

Hello to you all,

So sorry I have to introduce myself under these cir****tances, but hey life keeps us on our toes and is just full of lovely little treasures.. Like my little tale of woe....

Like many I did my homework and got myself a reputable surgeon. I am 5 days out, CC 80 ALimb 150 I believe? Not sure on that one...

I am on broth, popsicle, jello,  propel water, camomile tea, as per post op fluids only plan, recommended for 10 days....

NOTHING SEEMS TO BE STAYING IN MY TUMMY AT ALL....AND IT IS GOING STRAIGHT THROUGH ME, THE TOILET AND I ARE BECOMING FIRM FRIENDS... OR NOT SO FIRM AS THE CASE  MAYBE

Is this to be expected at this stage?

I wanted to check in to see if I am unduly fretting before contacting my surgeon...

Thought/experiences/ideas... all welcomed and gratefully received.

larra
on 8/11/16 9:10 am - bay area, CA

It is possible that this is just your intestines adjusting to their new configuration, but I would also recommend calling your surgeon just in case. His job doesn't end when he leaves the OR.

Larra

PattyL
on 8/11/16 1:21 pm

Liquids in usually equals liquids out.  You should treat diarrhea.  Imodium is your friend.  For the first year or so I never left home without it.  It was a safety blanket.  Just in case!  Didn't use it often but if I needed it, I took it!

Valerie G.
on 8/12/16 4:47 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Agreed, Immodium is your friend, here.  It doesn't hurt to let the doc know, but this is pretty common the first week or so.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

ladybug513
on 8/13/16 10:00 am - NY

This is normal but as others have said please check with your doctor to make sure there is not some other issue. I was exactly like you for awhile until my intestines started to adjust and my cc is longer than yours at 100. I'm a little over 3 years out now.

First goal 120.0: 12/7/13  Final goal 115.0 (114.6):  2/6/14  

5'3  SW: 199 (12/11/11)  Current: 114.8 pounds  18% body fat   BMI: 20.3           

DollyGirl3
on 8/15/16 12:59 am

HI thanks for the reassurance. I'm getting concerned, it's been 6 days now. Surgeon said it's an adjustment period.

How long did your issue go on for? 

Thanks

PeteA
on 8/15/16 10:47 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I would look for a change once you start with soft foods. What's the next step in your surgeons plan for reintroducing food? Usually the liquids post-op are just to not strain any of the work the surgeon did and some of them introduce solids faster than others.

Pete

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

DollyGirl3
on 8/15/16 10:55 am

Hi,

I'm moving to full liquids from today, for 10 days, this includes water melon, yogurt, milk, broth, etc.

I'm hoping to talk with my surgeon today, as I nearly passed out yesterday, it was scary, thankfully my sweetie was here to help me.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 297 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 769 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 255 views