Road Trip packing ideas?

PeteA
on 8/16/16 4:54 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Hi all,

I'll be doing a road trip from Cleveland, Ohio to Naples Florida next week. I'm trying to figure out if 
there is anything I left off my DS packing list.  I plan to do do 3 or 4 days down there stopping along the way to do some biking 
if I can escape the rain.  

Since I'm driving I've got vits, Optimum Nutrition powder in a big tupperware container, Cooler with water and boost glucose control
for the travel if necessary. Crystal light, air freshener.

Not DS related but all the wound care if I mess up my foot (extremely unlikely but I did this pre-op and messed up
my foot on the drive down - ulcer).

As I'm writing this thinking maybe look for some wet wipes??? I kind of drifted away from using these the past 6 
months or so - so a toss up there.

Anything wlse anyone can think of?

I do know I am totally over thinking this and I should have just caught a cheap flight but the idea of a road trip
really caught my fancy when I thought of it...

Pete

PS - open to any ideas on bike trails or bike friendly cities that might be on my way too.

PPS - kind of funny that I've figured out the minimum to fly with and have more trouble when I can fill
the car with whatever I want.....

MajorMom
on 8/16/16 5:09 pm - VA

I'm a protein coffee addict, so I always pack a cooler with 1/2&1/2. The Greek yogurt goes in there too.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/16 7:27 pm

There are really great biking trails in VA and Wash DC area up and down the Potomac. Some of the best in the country if your passing thru.

PattyL
on 8/16/16 8:27 pm

Yes, I think you are over thinking this.  Portion X days worth of vites.  Throw some drinks in the cooler and go!  Don't even bother with the rest of it.  It's vacation and you are not leaving civilization.  Just have fun and other than the vites forget you even had the DS.

PeteA
on 8/17/16 3:27 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

No doubt I am overthinking it. The vits are the easy part.  I'll be much better once I'm on the road.  

Valerie G.
on 8/17/16 4:53 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Stop around Chattanooga, TN for some great bike trails, rafting/kayaking - all kinds of outdoor fun there.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 247 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 733 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views