Personality Changes

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/16 9:54 pm

One other area of surprise to me is a perceived change in my personality. Now that I'm thin, I really hate fat people (just kidding!). But to be serious, I am much more subdued then I was prior to surgery. People driving slowly or talking on cell phones close to my face use to really get me upset, and although I'm still interested in woman and sex, it's more subtle.

My surgeon and I discussed recently and he suggests people who have lot substantial weight are getting a better nights sleep, have higher self confidence, and are less concerned about others views. I'm not sure if this is true but I am sure that I'm more patient in many respects than I was prior to losing so much weight.

Has anyone else experienced a change in their "feelings", "patience", "personality", etc.  

MajorMom
on 10/13/16 1:59 am - VA

I definitely noticed the boost in confidence. Maybe not taking things as a personal affront with the increased confidence is part of why we feel less stress.

--gina 

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Beam me up Scottie
on 10/13/16 8:02 pm
I have been on these boards for a long time. From observation, I do not think there is a direct correlation between losing weight and long term happiness.

Yes there is a boost of confidence that comes with weight loss, but then there is talk of "transfer of addicitions", marriages that fall apart, etc.

There is a post right now on the main board about being less tolerant after weight loss surgey.

Scott
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 260 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 738 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 247 views