Hi Friends ...A bit sheepish ...seems I last logged in several years ago

STLfan
on 11/20/16 2:03 pm
I want to thank all of you for the support you gave me .
I see many names that still hang in here helping people.
My surgery was in May of '10 ...at a high of 310lbs ...I lost pre-surgery weight to 285lbs and after lost down to 175 lbs .
I maintain at 185lbs but occasionally I have been up to 200lbs.
Today I weigh 185lbs and have had little trouble staying there except the fore mentioned gains.
Church activities fill my week as I am now a minister (unordained) and assist the pastor with services and home visits.
My story does not seem typical in that I am able to take in enough protein and vitamins thru regular meals.
I have done this with my Doctors approval but don't do so without supervision. ...see ya around maybe ...Jeff

STLfan
on 11/20/16 2:23 pm
Odd too is my surgery date is listed wrong on my profile.can't figure out how to edit that.
Jeff                    
Beam me up Scottie
on 11/20/16 6:22 pm
Wow, I've never heard of anyone with the DS able to get their vits through just food. Are your labs done yearly?

Glad to see you around! Congrats on your maintenance.

Scott
STLfan
on 11/21/16 8:52 am
Hey Scott, Thanks for the reply and questions .
I was a bit worried as well about vitamins AND protein but for almost two years I have had no problems with my labs which are now every year instead of 6mo.
I suspect that because my doctor tailored my Common Channel to be longer than most based on body type and structure I now reap these benefits.
Also he was working with an extremely long small intestine and very large stomach volume. I have the numbers but forget them at the moment. My BMI was just marginal to even get the DS but I did my hone work and picked DS/BPD and am glad I did.
My stomach after six years now holds about 14oz. and that might explain also.
I am very picky about the foods I eat for nutrition.
I am still in the doctors care and don't see myself as typical so I wouldn't encourage anyone with DS to go off on their own.
I know many of you don't like that I post these observations but this information should be considered by some who would get a DS.
My friend who had a lapband went to DS after seeing my transformation and his results differed a bit but he did lose quite a bit too. it was just not as dramatic. he finds it irritating that I have little restrictions on my Vitamins and protein.
I was checking in as I got a friend request after over 4 years and so here i am ....take care....
Jeff                    
Laura in Texas
on 11/21/16 8:37 am

I hope you are getting thorough labs done and are looking at trends from one draw to the next. This is nothing to play around with.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

STLfan
on 11/21/16 8:56 am
Hi Laura,
Yes I get the labs done by doctor who did the surgery. I replied to another inquiry on this thread that might explain.
it is not something to play around with and I would not want everyone to think it would be the same for them.
I have been so blessed to have these results.
Take care ...
Jeff                    
hollykim
on 11/23/16 9:32 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On November 20, 2016 at 10:03 PM Pacific Time, STLfan wrote:
I want to thank all of you for the support you gave me .
I see many names that still hang in here helping people.
My surgery was in May of '10 ...at a high of 310lbs ...I lost pre-surgery weight to 285lbs and after lost down to 175 lbs .
I maintain at 185lbs but occasionally I have been up to 200lbs.
Today I weigh 185lbs and have had little trouble staying there except the fore mentioned gains.
Church activities fill my week as I am now a minister (unordained) and assist the pastor with services and home visits.
My story does not seem typical in that I am able to take in enough protein and vitamins thru regular meals.
I have done this with my Doctors approval but don't do so without supervision. ...see ya around maybe ...Jeff

have you seen your lab values over the last few years ,as in, laid your eyes on the paperwork , or just depending on your doc to do it?

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 256 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 737 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views