Looking for a switch sister

jshereetaylor
on 4/19/17 11:34 am
Revision on 04/22/17

Hello All!

I am new here. I will be switched 4/22. I am having a revision from gastric sleeve to DS.

I am hoping to find someone who is going to be switched or has just been switched, so we can go through this process together.

Of course, it would also be awesome if anyone is going to Mexicali.

So, if anyone is having a procedure this upcoming week. Please let me know!!

Wish me luck!

Carebeth
on 4/20/17 9:27 am
Revision on 04/20/17

I am actually laying in my hospital bed in Mexico having a Sleeve to DS revision surgery today. Which hospital will you be at for your surgery?

jshereetaylor
on 4/20/17 10:49 am
Revision on 04/22/17

Oh, awesome!! I will be at Almater hospital tomorrow evening. How much longer are you going to be there?

What doctor did you use? I am using Dr Esquerra.

Good Luck and Best wishes for you.

Praying you have a speedy recovery.

Carebeth
on 4/25/17 12:52 pm
Revision on 04/20/17

I had Dr Rodriquez. Im home now & feeling much better. My surgeon talked me into a DS Loop / SADI-S. I hope your surgery went well & by now you are feeling a bit better as well!

jshereetaylor
on 4/25/17 1:11 pm
Revision on 04/22/17

I will be going home tomorrow. I hope you are happy with your surgery. I know that there are not enough stats out for that one yet and most people advise against it. But all that matters is that it works for you.

i wound up with a different doctor. I had dr wilhelmy instead of dr esquerra. Apparently when I moved my date up I did not double check that it would be the same surgeon as well.

i am so ready to go home! Hope you are sipping and walking!

Carebeth
on 4/25/17 1:43 pm
Revision on 04/20/17

yes, if you read the DS boards they are very passionately against the DS Loop procedure but if you read the Loop boards of the people who have actually had it they all love it & have no regrets. Only time will tell for me. That sucks that you ended up with a different surgeon that you planned for. I ended up at a different hospital than i researched & thought i was going to be at. My surgeon asked if he could make my surgery a teaching surgery with other doctors looking on. He offered me a $1000 discount so of course i said yes. I didnt realize that meant a change in hospital but apparently it did. It all worked out though. The place I was was nice & everyone was friendly.

I remember being soooo bored & wanting to go home so bad. Enjoy the time there cause once your home real life has a way of making you do more than you probably should lol...then again, i have 4 kids and live on a farm so thats probably my fault.

S. Daniels
on 4/23/17 6:51 am - Durham, NC
DS on 08/18/17

Hi my name is Sheree and i am in the process of getting my tests done for the DS, and i would love to be your buddy in this journey. I have done my labs-chest xray,ekg,blood labs, I am awaiting a call for my sleep study and psych eval. I do not have a date for my surgery yet, the team said i will get that date during my pre-op for the surgery. I live in Durham, NC. So yes we can be friends and support one another.

jshereetaylor
on 4/23/17 7:02 am
Revision on 04/22/17

Well. We share the same name. So we HAVE to be friends!

I am currently laying in the hospital bed right now. Had surgery yesterday. I have been up walking around a few times. Still having a little discomfort, but that is to be expected. Everyone her has been very nice, attentive and caring.

I will be here until Wednesday.

Good luck to you.

S. Daniels
on 6/20/17 6:47 am - Durham, NC
DS on 08/18/17

Hi , okay well we need to share contact information, because we have to support one another. My email is [email protected]. My facebook is Sheree Daniels. So how are you doing? How was the surgery? Hope you are doing well! I am waiting for a message from Dr. Sudan's nurse to see when can i be scheduled.

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 363 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views