oil slick

jndrake
on 5/2/17 6:33 pm - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

If you leak oil "oil slick" does it smell fecal? Another big worry for me as I work in an office

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

K P.
on 5/3/17 9:17 am
DS on 07/08/14

I'm almost 3 years out and never once have I leaked anything. Urgent go right now sensations yes, but never leaking.

HW 284; SW 270; CW 152; Revised GW 140-160  

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/17 9:44 am
jndrake
on 5/3/17 2:26 pm - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

I was thinking I would leave work quickly and go home and change but I am worried about leaving a fecal odour in my office/on my chair etc and wondered what the oil was like. I know that I will have to figure it out but most people who I read who talk about it talk about the mess, I am worried about that but also smell

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/17 3:45 pm
RhondaJS
on 5/3/17 4:33 pm

If you aren't a female this suggestion might seem silly. But you could wear a pad or a panty liner until you feel confident about your reactions to foods.

PattyL
on 5/3/17 4:55 pm

Nothing like this has ever happened to me. If it makes you feel more secure, keep some extra clothes/underwear at work for a while.

Beam me up Scottie
on 5/3/17 6:14 pm
Sharts stink...sorry but it's true. But Sharts happen...even to non DS people. Just google sharts. There are YouTube videos of people sharting .....it is apparently a normal thing.

HOWEVER, if you do consumer a lot of fat and you do not absorb the fat, the fat will come out with your morning poop. It is more of a 1st year or two phenomenon for sure....it became less frequent over the years for me. But If you consume a lot of fat all day-you will more likely have frequent BMs over sharting yourself. But again at 11 years out, I can eat pretty much whatever I want without issues (Although Tuna with mayo causes me to be gassy)

I will say again sharts stink (regardless of who has them). You can search oil slicks on this site to see people's posts about them.

Scott
islandgirl55
on 5/5/17 7:01 am

Traveling often made me very aware of this problem. I wear an extra long pad, keep spare underwear and wipes in my carry on. Even unscented hand cream to use with tp to make sure you are smell free. I keep a plastic zip lock bag for smelly undies or I throw them away.

This situation only happened once but I was so aware that I may carry an odor with me that I now take these precautions as normal traveling equipment.

These tools may help you get the confidence that you need to handle problems that may come up.

Also keep room deodorizer and spray in office in case you need it.

RNY revision to Lap DS  Feb, 2016, Dr. Ayoola. 

HW 235/SW 184/CW 127

jndrake
on 5/8/17 6:25 pm - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

thanks for all the good suggestions

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 277 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 751 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 251 views