Sailing trip with DS....tips please

airbender
on 5/14/17 12:50 pm

hi all,

I'd appreciate some help. In 4 weeks I will be going on a 12 day sailing trip, just 2 of us. It's a 30 foot catalina, so small boat, small bathroom. Can someone give me some tips on how to minimize DS aroma, and how to clean up after yourself, I usually go about 3 times a day.

Should I get some flushable wipes? Can you use them on the boat bathrooms? some fabreze? It's more about staying fresh and clean so many bathroom trips, 3/day, I like to stay fresh and clean at home, not unusual for me to take 2-3 showers a day, but on the boat, what can I do?

I have never taken flagly, should I try it for the trip? how soon before, how long and doseage please.

I take VSL#3DS probiotic.

any other tips? Just eat protein and veggies when I am there? I'm already stressing about it, and I am thinking of backing out.

thanks all for any help!!!

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

Pink_Unicorns
on 5/14/17 3:55 pm

Hi,

I don't have any advice for you because I'm preop, but I hope you have fun on your trip. It sounds like a dream come true (assuming you can stay fresh and clean).

Pink

QueenBee7
on 5/14/17 6:29 pm, edited 5/14/17 11:30 am
DS on 02/04/14

Hi there - I hope this is helpful...... I use to order a toilet spray called "Poo-pourri before you go". It doubles as an air freshner but you spray it into the toilet before you go. It's amazing for the DS odors that could be left behind.

I use to like to keep them in my purse for emergency use. They come in multiple fragrances and travel size too.

If you order them from Amazon I think delivery is pretty quick. I recently saw them for sale in a Hallmark store - go figure. A little pricy but totally worth it.

I hope you have an amazing trip.

Queenbee

TvanV
on 5/14/17 7:56 pm
DS on 03/09/17

I found Medi-Aire, which is a biological odor eliminator that is used in hospitals, on Amazon. It is amazing! It completely wipes out odor.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XZIXI08/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Janet P.
on 5/15/17 7:33 am

Don't take an antibiotic just for the sake of taking one.

You could try Devrom. It's an internal deodorant. I've been using it for years. Give that a try.

Poo-pourie or something else works great. Febreeze is a must. Not sure if flushable wipes are good with boat systems - check the packaging before using.

Definitely try eating low carb. Don't stress too much - you'll be fine.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

MarinaGirl
on 5/15/17 8:13 am

Kanberra Gel is the best deodorizer for boats, et al.

airbender
on 5/15/17 3:35 pm

thanks everyone for your tips, I appreciate it. tight quarters with me and one other, and I'm used to cleaning up after every BM, that small bathroom, gee I am 109 lbs and I don't like it. Sailing for me is very stressful, what will I eat, how will I clean up properly, etc

I've only stayed on a sailboat one night, and I couldn't wait to get off. the thought of going for 12 days is a scary prospect, and I have thought of many times to cancel it, just saying it will be too much for it, but it's one of those things. I hope I survive if I go :)

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

Valerie G.
on 5/16/17 7:39 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I believe that 'heads' need to be pumped out, so I would expect flushable baby wipes to be okay. Instead of showers, I'd be taking a dip into the ocean a few times. For eating, I'd be keeping eating strategic, laying off carbs you know (and you're far enough out to know) will cause stink. I find that regular use of apple-cider vinegar (I mix it in drinks) does wonders for smell with me. Also, bring some Ozium with you.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

airbender
on 5/20/17 4:57 am

thanks everyone for the replies....

Just a FYI, only thing in toilets is TP (some mental cases say only what comes out of your body-TP goes in the trash-good the person I am going with does think that or I would not go

You can't spray anything in the toilet like poo pourri because there is no static water on boat toilets

The water in June will be way way too cold to take a dip in, when we are going the temp will be 46-56F-northeast

oh yes I will keep the carbs low,etc take my probiotic, etc

Taking fabreze and ozium to spray in the air and opening all the hatches, which really airs it out in less than 10 minutes....

now I just have to figure out how to keep myself all nice an fresh

thanks again!!!

Crazeru
on 5/23/17 5:01 pm

Sailing in Greece, no paper went in the toilet. Everything went into the trash next to the toilet. That was also when I was heavy and before my DS. Open the hatches, eat clean and have fun.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 131 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 671 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 236 views