Revision Scheduled 6/30...

megange1
on 6/11/17 7:06 pm

So, after about 3 years of research and 6 months of insurance issues, I'm finally scheduled to have my revision surgery from VSG to DS on June 30. I will be getting resleeved and it will be an open procedure. Now that's it's scheduled, I feel terrified. I feel confident I can do the post-op diet, I know I'm doing this for the right reasons this time, and I know I have a solid support system. I just can't seem to get over the elemental fear of dying during the surgery or not being able to handle the pain after. I've had to have a lot of surgeries in the past 5 years, so I can't pretend I don't know what to expect. I know in the long run that this is what is best for my health, but only if I make it through surgery. I just really love my husband and my life right now, and I want to have babies with him, but I know without this surgery, I won't be healthy enough to, as I'm having really bad joint issues at my current weight. So, I guess I'm just asking for an pre-op pearls of wisdoms or questions/things you wish you'd known or done before your surgery? Thank you!

south2north
on 6/12/17 4:07 am
DS on 11/19/14

Your fear is normal, if you didn't have fear you wouldn't be alive!!!

In November 2014 I had my lapband removed and revised to a DS. At 5'2", I went from weighing 325 to this morning weighing 126. I'm currently recovering from my second round of plastics, which has been no walk in the park, but since having the revision my life and my health have changed in ways I never dreamed were possible. I too had that fear of death, but what ended up happening is that I became more ALIVE!!!

You'll be just fine. Just breathe, follow the rules and buckle up because your life is getting ready to take off!!!

Best wishes!

globaljuju
on 6/22/17 5:54 am
VSG on 12/20/13

Thank you so much for sharing your story. I, too, am going for a revision from a VSG to DS, and I, too, am terrified. I have already cancelled my surgery twice and rescheduled. I am trying to just focus on the positive outcomes and prepare myself as much as possible for any side-effects afterwards.

Are you getting the single anastomosis? It sounds much easier and safer than the "old-fashioned" DS procedure, and with fewer side-effects.

You will be great. Focus on finally reaching your goal weight after the disappointment of the sleeve.

All the best! JuJu

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 291 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 763 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 254 views