Fear of flatulence

Shirley B.
on 6/15/17 10:08 am

i haven't posted much over the 8 years since I've had ds surgery, but this new (to me) product has decreased my fear of public flatulence. It's underwear.....has anyone posted about Shreddies underwear/briefs for women and men? I found them on Amazon.com. They have a carbon activated lining to filter odors and they work!!!! I can sit in church or ride in friends cars without fear ....finally. I watch my carbs, but still fear occasional flatulence. These panties are expensive. $41.00/ pair, but worth every penny. You must follow the instructions for wearing and washing them for them to be completely effective, but it's not difficult. Has this been posted in past? I haven't signed in for years, but this has been life changing for me and hope it will help others. Surgery: 2009 gastrectomy and ds, Grand Rapids, Mi; Paul Kemmeter, MD --high weight 288 , present weight 165, hgt. 5'7"

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/17 3:33 am
jndrake
on 6/19/17 5:57 pm - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

so do you have gas that you can't hold in until you go to the bathroom, does it just come out on it's own even if you try to hold it in? I'm asking because I'm having this surgery in a month and that is something I worry about

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/17 5:31 pm
jndrake
on 6/23/17 6:25 pm - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

I understand that but what I am wondering is .... as of now I can hold gas in until I go to the bathroom or am not around a co worker. After surgery, can the gas become uncontrollable?

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/17 5:00 pm
biggeekgirl
on 7/2/17 5:11 am

I work with customers - I travel in and out of their offices. I jus****ch what I eat.

Low carb and I'm fine.

Lately I've grown addicted to Goldfish crackers and I can easily eat a bag a day. By the end of God day- watch out! Lol.

But for sure it's controllable.

Those undies are intriguing, however, for days when I gave eaten my weight in Goldfish and then friends invite us over at 9pm.

Surgery on 4/25/05 , Dr. Alverdy in Chicago.  God Bless the DS !!!
Highest Weight = 412lbs, Surgery Weight = 359lbs, Current Weight = 155lbs (5'7" tall)http://www.picturetrail.com/gid8138761
 Lilypie

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 81 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 81 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 642 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views