SURGERY DAY

QueenBee7
on 7/27/17 4:35 am
DS on 02/04/14

Today is the big day - I'm having a jejunojejunostomy. I couldn't be more excited.

Thanks for everyone's support

MajorMom
on 7/27/17 3:08 pm - VA

Good luck!

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

QueenBee7
on 7/28/17 1:14 am
DS on 02/04/14

GM Gina: I'm still at Virginia Hospital Center. All went well. I'm in a minimal amount of pain - so it's bearable.

I'm waiting for a preop report because I didn't get to see Dr. E last night. I was completely out of it.

Dr. E visited my husband and I before surgery. He made a few jokes but mainly focused on what my desired result were for after surgery. He was even interested in my thoughts and answers to "what if" scenarios for if he got inside and things were different than we expected. He's awesome - he thinks of everything.....

Post-op: From what I understood from my hubby - I think my common channel is now 125cm. There were no complications during surgery. In/out 1 hr.

Intetesting Stuff: When I arrived in my room last evening I was brought by my nurse: a cup of full flavored grape juice with a straw. Oh course I panicked. I thought they had a bariatric wing. I guess not. A real Bariatric tray didn't arrive until almost 10pm. Not that I was hungry but I know insurance is paying an arm an a stomach ?.

Any who, I'm rying to rest and focus on recovery......I won't know the effectiveness of the procedure for a few days to cone.

Thanks for caring.

MajorMom
on 7/28/17 1:59 am - VA

Sounds about right. We'll be here to help as you readjust to your new common channel and vitamin challenges. Ask Alex, she'll be happy you're on this site for support. She called me a few times when she first took on nutritional counseling asking if I would help people she thinks could use my research on vitamins.

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

NoreenRT
on 7/27/17 5:02 pm - Warner Robins, GA

Let us know how you're doing. Good luck!

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

QueenBee7
on 7/28/17 1:15 am
DS on 02/04/14

All went well. I should be on my way home today. I'm so excited to see what's in store with me for my weight loss this time.

Thanks for caring,

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 136 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 678 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 236 views