Fell off the wagon.....BIg time!!! Need some encouragement.

sassy76
on 8/10/17 11:17 am

So... I had my DS in 12/2008. My highest weight was 341. After surgery I was able to get down to 197 and felt great. But, I have been slowly gaining since. I am back to 287. I am soo disappointed in myself. I need to get back on track.. can anyone who is a few years post op give me some ideas of what u eat throughout the day. I know I need to lay off the carbs and get back on the protein track. Any help and encouragement would greatly help. Thanks so much!!!

Crazeru
on 8/10/17 11:33 am

Back to basics is protein, protein, protein... limit carbs to 25-50. Cheese, meat, nuts, jerky, fish, chicken. Also, no sugar. Add in fat for flavor. I make my sandwich without bread. 3 slices of cheese with mayo between each slice, and then 4oz of meat, then 3 more slices of cheese. 1/2 is generally 30+ grams depending on the cheese, swiss is 9g protein from Sams. Eat 1/2 then 2 hrs later the other 1/2. Eggs with cheese and meat (sausage, bacon, ham). Eat every couple of hours so you stay full. Rid the house of sweets and carbs. If you want something sweet, make a big batch of ricotta fluff. You can search for the recipe. Chia seed and choc almond milk make a nice pudding.

Check out MajorMom's Vits & Bites so you can see what folks are eating daily and start posting daily to keep yourself in check.

You can do this!

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

chevtow41
on 8/10/17 4:23 pm
DS on 11/11/14

I eat lots of meat. Every three hours. I will also have yogurt and protein drink after I weightlift but I never replace meals with a drink. Jerky for snacks or meals on the go. Steaks, burgers, chicken, ribs, pulled pork. In all honestly I do have some bread - I use one piece as a bun for burgers, brats, hot dogs etc. Also you need to drink lots of water

biggeekgirl
on 8/11/17 6:48 am

12 years out. I got down lower than I should have (was size 4 and too skinny). I gained 40lbs since the lowest but have lost 10 this past month. I'd like to lose 10 more putting me in a size 10 (vs 12 where I am now).

Here's what I'm planning on eating today:

Coffee w/ almond creamer

Protein shake w/ three cups of spinach and chia seeds made with flax milk (30 grams of protein)

Wasabi peas (5 grams of protein )

Lentil veggie soup over rice with roasted sweet potatoes and side of cauliflower. (20 grams of protein )

Avocado toast on Ezekial Bread- 2 slices (10 grams of protein)

Lentil pasta w/ veggie tomato sauce and tofu Italian sausage. (30 grams of protein)

Wasabi peas

Surgery on 4/25/05 , Dr. Alverdy in Chicago.  God Bless the DS !!!
Highest Weight = 412lbs, Surgery Weight = 359lbs, Current Weight = 155lbs (5'7" tall)http://www.picturetrail.com/gid8138761
 Lilypie

sassy76
on 8/11/17 7:52 am

Thanks so much for the encouragement. I know it will be a long road, but I am excited to get going.

Valerie G.
on 8/11/17 2:36 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Ouch...that's an ugly kind of jump. You're far enough out to be getting awfully comfortable with being normal. I get there again and again. When I feel that things are starting to get out of control, I do a detox of sorts on myself to get off of the carb wagon.

It takes some prep work, because I'm not one to "prepare" food more than a couple of times a day, however I'm a primadonna at times, and if the food isn't ready to eat, I'll find something that is, and it's usually not a good choice. To make this work, I'll spend a day making grab and go protein goodies, like salami rolls, deviled eggs, cut cheese into cubes, kale chips, cheese crisps, etc. I'm a nibbler, especially when working and concentrating on something, so it's important I have nibbles. I also keep cottage cheese and/or ricotta with me. For some reason, it appeals to me when I need something but don't have time for cooking. Once I have all of these items handy, I can easily turn to them.

This reminds me, I'm due for one of these periods because I just put corn pops on the shopping list....yeah...it's time.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 111 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 658 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views