One week post op

vixen01
on 10/13/17 4:24 pm
Hello everyone! I’m one week post op and I suppose I could say I’m
Okay. I was a revision from sleeve to DS and with the new surgery had my GB removed along with the procedure. I was told it was faulty anyway so I guess I saved myself a step.

Things are 100 percent blissful but I prefer to stay on the positive side as I know I could be worse off. So anything helpful anyone might offer would be helpful to me. Advice that is ?.
Beam me up Scottie
on 10/13/17 6:05 pm
It gets better! That is the best advice I ever got.

The first few weeks after recover suck.

Scott
Valerie G.
on 10/14/17 6:11 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Top advice for recovery is drink! 64oz is your daily goal and it's a full-time job at first. Try different flavors and even temperatures to find what you can drink the easiest. Everything wet counts!

If you want to add protein drinks to warm liquids, make a slurry first out of cold water to get it to dissolve before adding it to the warm liquid. This will prevent chewy clumps. Try different brands and flavors in single-servings before committing to a giant tub.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

vixen01
on 10/14/17 5:36 pm
Drinking isn't really a problem. I only had the DS portion of the surgery done as my
Sleeve was old so I've been fine with all the liquids. I'm just very concerned about how foods will go down. I seem to
Tolerate siggi's Greek yoguart and tomato soup, pudding. For now I'm keeping it simple but sure wish I knew beforehand what I'd be able to Tolerate before getting sick.
  SW: 245  GW: 150  CW: 142 

th_LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg        
Janet P.
on 10/15/17 5:41 am
On October 15, 2017 at 12:36 AM Pacific Time, vixen01 wrote:
Drinking isn't really a problem. I only had the DS portion of the surgery done as my
Sleeve was old so I've been fine with all the liquids. I'm just very concerned about how foods will go down. I seem to
Tolerate siggi's Greek yoguart and tomato soup, pudding. For now I'm keeping it simple but sure wish I knew beforehand what I'd be able to Tolerate before getting sick.

You're doing great. Not sure how much advice I can give since I had the DS at once. Keep drinking and you could probably try things like cottage cheese or soft scrambled eggs. Like you said - keep it simple.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 75 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 640 views
Need help for my mom