(deactivated member)
on 11/12/17 10:17 pm

Good luck with your surgery. I'm happy with my results but it's important to know all the procedures are a serious long term commitment. For me, I would not have been able to keep off the weight on my own. I need the extra help the DS and DS SADi offer over the VSG or RNY.

I'm hoping that I eventually gravitate to eating healthy and working out consistently, but for now it's a work in progress and probably will take me a lifetime to fully figure out.

Beam me up Scottie
on 11/12/17 10:36 am
I don't think there is controversy, I think there is skepticism. When you've been around 10 years plus on this forum, you've seen the promise of the new "gold" standard in WLS promised many times. Fobi pouch, the Lapband, the Mini DS, etc, which turned out not to be an improvement on the original surgery, but in fact turned out to be nightmares for the people that got them.

When I had the DS, the forums that I belonged to at the time often talked about the "next" surgery, and how its advances would make the DS obsolete. I still do not think the SADI has yet proven itself long term, but I'll be happy to admit that it is the way to go when it does. The DS certainly has disadvantages- taking a lot of vitamins is one of them.

Congrats on your success!

Scott
(deactivated member)
on 11/12/17 10:21 pm

It's your man Mitch leading the way on the SADi. After listening to him talk about various WLS options, his different experiences with the various procedures etc., I took his advice and opted for this one. So far, it's good but I'm patient and have no choice. Between the chicken and the pig contributing to ham & eggs for breakfast, I'm the pig - All in at this point :).

Beam me up Scottie
on 11/14/17 5:46 pm
Mitch is brilliant, he was doing the FULL DS on SMO people when other doctors were recommending the Lap band or 2 part procedures. He never liked as much malabsorption that you get with the DS (at least that was always my impression) but knew it had the best long term results.

I'm sure that he wouldn't be backing a bad surgery- obviously it is working for you, I'm hopeful and looking forward to seeing what the 10 to 15 year results will look like.

Scott

globaljuju
on 11/13/17 12:22 pm
VSG on 12/20/13

Thank you so much for posting. I will be having this procedure in June (after a failed VSG). There is very little longer-term data on this procedure, so this is very valuable. Thank you, also, for being brave enough to try a newer procedure! Good luck on your maintenance. Please keep us posted!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 247 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 733 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views