Do you know your alimentary limb length?

dcopehp
on 2/24/18 4:39 pm - New York, NY

the surgeon I met does a 100cm common channel and a 250cm alimentary limb.

most people only talk about the common channel as it relates to weight loss. I've seen several images that show the alimentary limb as 150cm.

do you know your length and do you think it's impacted your weight loss?

thanks for your help!

PeteA
on 2/27/18 7:49 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I'm not sure I have ever heard any one have an issue with the length of the alimentary limb one way or another. Mostly the CC length is the main issue? I think mine was 200 or 250 I would have to dig out my OP report.

Pete

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

dcopehp
on 2/28/18 7:09 pm - New York, NY

That's helpful! Thanks!

DonRobbie
on 3/6/18 10:19 pm
DS on 12/18/18

There was a study where they more or less flipped the lengths the biliopancreatic limb and the alimentary limb while keeping the Common Channel normal length, IIRC there was less weight loss and nutritional deficiency (it's only a year along so long term results are yet to come in). I didn't realize alimentary channel length was a variable until I stumbled onto that. All the focus is on CC.

Donna L.
on 3/7/18 10:27 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Hess actually talks about this on his website here if you were curious about it.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

(deactivated member)
on 3/10/18 11:00 am

mine will be 250 length from what my surgeon said

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 361 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views