Looking for suggestions

apw0
on 3/9/18 9:25 am - Doylestown, PA

My friend is insistent that I go out to dinner with him tonight. Needless to say, I'm nervous. I have no idea where to go, or even what to order. I was thinking Chinese food, but again, I have no idea what to order. Truth be told, I really don't want to go, but I can't get out of it this time.

Anyone have any suggestions?

nicholivolkoff
on 3/9/18 9:31 am - Canada

Why are you worried? Are you having any digestion problems? What if you chose a place to go that has an online menu, then you can think about what to order ahead of time. Is there anything you really want to avoid, or like a lot?

apw0
on 3/9/18 9:40 am - Doylestown, PA

I didn't even think of looking online! I'm having problems with cruciferous veggies, and salmon, so those are out. I guess I'm concerned because I just went to regular food a week ago, and I'm nervous. But I will definitely take your suggestion, and look at a menu online. Thank you!!!

Valerie G.
on 3/9/18 10:00 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Oh, this is easy! All you need is meat and vegetables. I do NOT recommend Chinese unless you've test-driven it beforehand. Sometimes those ingredients can do you in.

I see you're a revision, so your capacity should be fairly normal. If you were re-sleeved, opt for a meaty appetizer or make your friend share an entree with you. One of my tricks is to make my husband order a larger steak than he would for himself and I eat the extra and get a salad or side to go with it. Prime rib was easy on my stomach early. Other people do great with shrimp early out, too. Chicken wings are another great option.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

PattyL
on 3/9/18 11:50 am

This should be easy! There are tons of dishes based on shrimp, scallops, and chicken!

apw0
on 3/9/18 1:47 pm - Doylestown, PA

Thank you all soooooo much! I think I have definitely talked him out of the Chinese food idea, so I'm making progress. I like the chicken and/or scallop idea, so all I need to do is find a restaurant, check out their menu, and it's off to the races. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Thanks again!

PattyL
on 3/9/18 9:46 pm

Good luck! One of the best things about the DS is there is always something you can eat. As long as they have to go boxes, you will be fine!

Janet P.
on 3/11/18 6:13 am

Obviously I missed this before your dinner. Most restaurants will generally make anything for you. Even at a chinese restaurant, you can order chicken or shrimp with some veggies. Tell them no cornstarch or rice. Say allergies if you need to.

Even Italian is OK - just skip the pasta.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

apw0
on 3/12/18 4:34 am - Doylestown, PA

Well, dinner was awesome! We went to this little Italian restaurant, and I had the broiled scallops and veggies. They were soooooooo good! They even gave me a cannoli to bring home. I did have a bite of it, and it was awful. I haven't had any white carbs since my surgery on 2/1, so all that sugar was quite an eye opener. Needless to say, I promptly spit it out. But all in all, it went well. So thank you all for your suggestions and support. I LOVE THIS GROUP!!!

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 80 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 80 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 641 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views