Revision from RNY to Duodenal Switch

Cheryl Gebbie
on 3/12/18 7:25 pm - Knoxville, TN

I had the RNY with Gall Bladder removed in Dec 2002. I was well over 400 lbs ... i am back to trying to get the rest of my excess weight off . I am 55yrs old my BMI is 45.5 and I have several co-morbids like high blood pressure, sleep apnea, I have had several minor strokes, Graves Disease, osteoporosis and osteo arthritis as well as a few others. Right now i have only have Medicare (the Red White and Blue card) I would like to know if Medicare will cover the revision and how hard it would be to get approved .. i would really appreciate some information on this if at all possible

Thank you

Cheryl

larra
on 3/13/18 10:41 am - bay area, CA

Medicare does cover the DS, though I don't know if it will cover a revision from gastric bypass to DS. The first step is to establish yourself with a DS surgeon who does this complex revision (most don't) AND accepts Medicare.

The closest DS surgeon to you that I know that does these revision is Dr. Stephen Boyce - in Tenn, but I forget which city. I don't know whether or not he accepts Medicare. I do know for sure that Dr. Ara Keshishian in Glendate, CA (a suburb of Los Angeles) does these revisions and does accept Medicare and is very highly regarded.

I will send more info in a pm.

Larra

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 359 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 134 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1050 views