Social drinking (xpost)

meq815
on 5/13/18 8:32 am - PA

I just passed my 5 year surgiversary, and up until recently have had very little desire to drink alcohol. I was also on some meds that were contraindicated with it so it wasn't an issue.
I am now off those meds and more social, and therefore have had the opportunity to imbibe, sometimes with disastrous results. A little history- I'm no stranger to drinking, with a bit of a "wild child" past, but neither do I have an addiction/dependency problem with alcohol.
So, my question is, for those that partake, what the hell do you drink???? I'd just like to be sociable. I don't like wine, beer is too filling, and the fruity drinks I tend to like leave me in the bathroom in agony for hours- this was after just 2 of them last night. Creamy drinks are also out of the question. Is this just a side effect if the DS? No more booze? What's a gal gotta do for a buzz around here???

Janet P.
on 5/13/18 10:17 am

I do drink but mostly wine. I'm a "cheap" drunk now. One drink and I'm feeling just fine. Two drinks and I'm toast. But I also sober up fairly quickly.

I will occasionally have a beer (depending on the situation). As far as ****tails, I'm strictly a vodka or tequila girl so its either a Cosmo or dirty martini or margarita or bloody mary.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

PattyL
on 5/13/18 12:32 pm

Bourbon and diet coke is my go to. I get a full shot in a tall glass so I get more mixer. I can drink anything I did before and none of it bothers me. You are only 5 years out and it's likely you will tolerate more down the road.

Valerie G.
on 5/13/18 1:33 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Captain Morgans and diet coke is my go-to or a Long Island iced tea, and I'm buzzing halfway down the first glass. Always have a wingman handy because it hits hard and fast.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

meq815
on 5/28/18 6:21 pm - PA

Thank you all for your replies/suggestions. Guess i just have to keep practicing

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 146 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 688 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views