One year post op VSG to DS revision

jndrake
on 7/6/18 4:08 pm - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

Hi, I just wanted to post for anyone who is coming to the DS board who has had the VSG and didn't loose all their excess weight and are considering switching the the DS. I had my VSG and highest weight was 420, I got down to 240 but crept back up to 270 about 3 years post op. I had the DS last July and was at 270 day of surgery. I am now proud to say I saw 180 on the scale this morning making it a 90 lb loss since the DS and a 240 lb loss in total. I'm feel like a normal human and can do anything I want! I want to shout it from the rooftops to any obese person I see -of course I don't - GO Talk to your DR about WLS ! It changes lives

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

larra
on 7/6/18 6:02 pm - bay area, CA

Congratulations! That's a great result, and you probably aren't even done losing yet. Just goes to show the power of the DS.

Larra

Buckscuffle
on 10/10/18 9:02 am

Great to hear! I just got my date for my DS Revision from VSG. I started at 470 (SW) for VSG, lost down to 350 and stalled for a while. I regained to 420 before starting the revision search process. I am currently 370, and scheduled for 11/19/18. I am so excited about this restart to the process.

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 364 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 137 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views