New User: Surgery Accomplished

romeoblade
on 8/9/18 12:21 pm
DS on 08/06/18

First time forum member here. I've always been a heavy guy and have struggeled with weight loss for years, and when I hit 34 weighing 385 I knew I had to add more tools to my belt, hence the reason that I selected the DS. I just had my surgery on 8/6/2018 with Dr. Duperier from BMI Institute in San Antonio. I started this journey in June of this year, weighing in at 385lbs with me being 5'9", last doctors appointment before the surgery (7/25) I was at 355lbs. I didn't see my weight as the hospital before surgery, so i'm just leaving the starting weight at 355lbs. The doctor required me to stay in the hospital for two nights and a day being closely monitored and today is my first full day home.

I'm looking to get down to 210lb as my first goal. The week before the surgery I could walk 6 miles easily by walking 10 minutes every hour. I'm not aiming that high so soon after surgery, but i'm looking to get 3 miles in today and was getting 1.5 miles a day at the hospital.

One thing that's weird for me is I really haven't had much gas after surgery, they said I should because they inflate your chest/stomach area with air to give them more room to work but I really haven't been passing it like they said I should.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this journey to a new and healthier me.

Janet P.
on 8/10/18 8:45 am

Congrats on your surgery. Slow and steady wins the race. Keep sipping.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

PeteA
on 8/13/18 5:21 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Congratulations. Like Janet said keep sipping. Hydration is the first thing to be aware of post-op. Easy to fall behind.

I don't know if this is universally true but depending on when you weigh in you might be higher post-op. They pump a lot of fluids into you for surgery and sometimes it takes a while for that extra water weight to leave your body.

Definitely the road to a healthier you. Good goal.

Pete

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

Liz J.
on 9/19/18 1:16 pm
DS on 11/29/16

It looks like you're 6 weeks out tomorrow, how are things going? Are you getting your water and protein in? Feeling a little more "normal"?

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 362 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views