10 Years Switched.....bitter sweet.

EricW
on 8/24/18 8:18 pm - Kettle Falls, WA

This week marks my 10 years of being switched. I feel blessed and fortunate every day. It also marks 10 years since the passing of a very kind soul trying to be switched. Norm Roth was a wonderful guy from the Chicago area. I met him a couple days (pre-op for me), (a couple post-op for him) in San Francisco and only got to know him for a few more. You can only imagine the type of magnetic person that leaves such a powerful impact and strong memory in your life knowing them for such a short time and under odd to say the least cir****tances. I think of Norm a lot still but now I talk about him verbally too as I am 10 years older and I dont want to forget anything. I am awful on computer stuff but please search my messages if you have an interest in a true but short lived friendship story.

My heart goes out to Norm's family and friends back in Chicago and the rest of the DS family that like me were fortunate to have known him. I miss you my friend. RIP. EW

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/18 11:06 am, edited 8/26/18 8:34 am

Congratulations on your 10 years! I am 10 years as well (RNY). Time went fast.

it is great you had such a special friend when you most needed it. I have had friends like that, just there for short times (not as short as you and Norm). They say some friends we only get to cherish for a season. We have to just keep their memories alive, just as you have done.

(Edited to fix a spelling error)

PattyL
on 8/25/18 10:37 pm

I remember when Norm died. Hard to believe it's been 10 years. Thank you for remembering.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 124 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 665 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views