issue with gastroesophageal reflux!!

krishna
on 9/27/18 4:55 pm

i've been told that i have gastroesophageal reflux.

is this normal for DSers?

How do i avoid this? I've been told to cut down on fatty foods - but i need it for my fat intake.

I have also been told to avoid eating after dinner. But to be honest, i'll probably snack right before i sleep, if i'm hungry. Can anyone sleep hungry?

thanks.

sameddens
on 9/27/18 8:56 pm

I can't speak for all DS, but that was an issue for me from day 2-3 after my surgery! I initially blamed interest in the iron pill I took right before bed on an upset stomach. NOT something I would suggest. But some may be fine.

I rarely ever had reflux prior to my surgery. I did almost nightly for the first 4 weeks. I was told the same thing didn't eat right before you sleep or within two hours of sleeping.

The Randidine my surgeon prescribed was very helpful. As well waiting for 2 hours before I went to bed. or learning how to fall asleep sitting up.

II personally am on my 7th week post surgery. I like a popsicle before bed. If I only do one and not two... reflux is minimal

for me the further out the weeks went and I had more options, I have had less reflux sometimes I eat too late and it hurts/have reflux for me I have found the further out I am, I can eat more at dinner which sustains me longer

unless of cultures I stay up until 2, 3 or 4pm that's when my stomach growls at me!

My hunger levels have changed, are not consistent and can depend on what I have eating hopefully your reflux will calm down like mine did and it will less often an issue for you!

Best of luck! On your weight loss journey!

Janet P.
on 9/28/18 5:27 am

Do you take anything? I take 20 mg omeprezole every morning. I have certain trigger foods that I avoid in the evenings (or for dinner).

I'm like you - I can't go to bed hungry so I'm careful what I snack on later in the evening.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 358 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 134 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1050 views