Recent Posts

babettes_feast
on 2/17/18 4:19 pm
Topic: RE: Concentration issues?

I'm having a DS in April but was just browsing on the RNY thread. How's your iron?

Beam me up Scottie
on 2/17/18 3:49 pm, edited 2/17/18 3:51 pm
DS on 02/17/06 with
Topic: 12 years 300 lbs Still rocking the DS
Not a terribly long post. 12 years ago today I had the DS.

Unlike a lot of other surgeries.....the DS (the original) has kept me thin for 12 years. I lost 300 lbs and kept it off.
Most days I forget that I had surgery, aside from popping 2 handfuls of vitamins a day- I'm pretty normal. No malnutrition, no explosive poops, no uncontrollable gas.

Take what you want from this post, but something that we said 12 years ago often on this board and maybe something that should be said more often, "Think twice, cut once," get the DS.
Scott
Beam me up Scottie
on 2/17/18 3:42 pm
DS on 02/17/06 with
Topic: RE: I failed the DS, taking responsibility.
This is the reason I think that saying the DS done in 2 parts is not the same as the DS done all at once.

I lost weight originally because of restriction. I kept the weight off because of malabsorption.

Good luck to you. It is harder to lose weight when you have little restriction, but a bit easier than when you were preop.

Bruce
apw0
on 2/17/18 12:02 pm - Doylestown, PA
Topic: RE: Something stuck feeling, nausea and foamies

I am so glad to hear that you're doing much better, but it sounds like you're still struggling a bit. I had appendix removal and a hernia repair also, so you're story really resonated with me. I'm sure that you're going to get stronger and stronger with each day, and I certainly hope that your eating issues resolve themselves sooner rather than later.

Take care, and keep me posted!

Annette

Rizzo0126
on 2/16/18 9:34 pm

Good evening apw0,

Yes, I am doing much better. Thank you for asking. Within the last week or two my energy level is coming back. Trial and error with food, supplements, shakes. Blood pressure, potassium have been really low and go back in for re-check early next week.

I am down 32 lbs since surgery date 12/19/2017.

My second follow up with surgeon will be the first week of March.

apw0
on 2/16/18 8:13 pm - Doylestown, PA

Hi there....

I was just reading your post, and I was wondering how you were doing. I certainly hope that all of your issues have been resolved, and you're doing amazing!

Annette

adam101
on 2/16/18 7:15 pm
Topic: RE: Duodenal switch VS Gastric bypass

Very sad n very frustrating to get back to the same point from where to start.. this is what bothers me the most..

Dont give up n do the DS surgery.. Good luck

nicholivolkoff
on 2/16/18 5:02 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: I failed the DS, taking responsibility.

I take several meds for depression and anxiety. I do think some make appetite more challenging. The worst med ( for me) is called Zopiclone, a sleep aid. It gives me the munchies! I hope you are ok. 50 pound gain is not the end of the story. You can get things moving again. You will, you will get better just like I will and anyone who is struggling. GOOD LUCK! -Michelle

PeteA
on 2/16/18 8:35 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13
Topic: RE: Keto

I think so it's basically a DS type nutrition as I understand it. Intermittent Fasting also seems good for those people a little further out. Probably not good for during the initial weight loss period.

PeteA
on 2/16/18 8:33 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13
Topic: RE: x-Post Ambivalent No More!

Nice. Congrats. Limited experience early on with the main board. I read interesting things there but didn't think about posting too much not because I saw any issues I just thought most of the questions I had were DS specific.

HW  552    CW  229  SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip  Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

Recent Topics
Diet Immediately Post-Op
babettes_feast · 4 replies · 100 views
Keto
pepling · 2 replies · 181 views