brian11’s Posts

brian11
on 11/9/17 4:27 am
Topic: RE: Airport Security

My high weight was 380 lbs. and I'm currently 210 lbs. I have some loose skin. Enough that I'm having plastic surgery at the end of the month. We'll see if they solves the issue.

brian11
on 10/29/17 7:28 am
Topic: RE: Airport Security

Do the airport scanners detect DS surgery?

I travel several times a year. I'm ALWAYS stopped by the scanner with a blob area around my midsection. I years post construction and have stabilized weight wise. I'm just curious if other travelers have the same issue.

brian11
on 11/4/13 9:32 am
Topic: RE: Burpy after sometimes eating

Yes, it does sometimes happen when I'm getting near full.  I had some orange juice yesterday (I currently have a cold) and was burpy.

brian11
on 11/2/13 10:17 pm
Topic: RE: Burpy after sometimes eating

Do any of you get really burpy after eating some meals?  I'm 12 weeks out from surgery.  After some meals I get real burpy.  It doesn't really hurt or anything.  So I haven't been tracking what food/types of meals cause me issues.

brian11
on 10/12/13 8:32 pm
Topic: RE: Stomach Gurgling Noise

When does the gurgling noise quite down?  I'm a little over 2 months out from surgery and my stomach seems to make a lot of gurgling noise.

brian11
on 10/12/13 8:05 pm
Topic: RE: Long term DS question

I don't have an answer to your question.  I've had similar questions, but came to the realization that I probably wouldn't be around in 10-20 years unless I did something to improve my health.  So it came down to the realization I'd rather have a better and longer life now than worry about what may happen.

brian11
on 8/26/13 9:14 am
Topic: RE: Men's DS Group?

I'm 2 weeks out from having the DS.  Pretty much just working on fluids and starting soft foods (yogurt).  I'm trying to take it slow and let myself heal.

I've noticed I'm a bit grumpier/short tempered than my usual easy going self, so I'm trying to compensate.  Went back to work today for a 1/2 day, came home and slept for about 3 hrs.

I lost about 20 lbs prior to surgery and another 20 lbs since surgery.

brian11
on 8/21/13 6:04 pm
Topic: RE: Jonesing for Soda

Thanks for the replies.

I’m still experimenting with different combinations of drinks/ water additives.  So far the only  common parameter is I like cold over room temperature.

I went shopping and bought about half dozen different types of drinks/drink mixes and am slowly going thru them.  Real lemons and limes are some of the things I bought.

It does seem like since I’ve cut back on the SF pop cycles, my diarrhea has gone away.  So I’m starting to understand how you need to experiment to see what tastes good AND seems to work good for you.

I plan to put off soda for as long as I possibly can.  I want to have as long of a honeymoon as possible and just don’t plan to rush back into old bad habits just to see “if” I can tolerate them.  Once I cannot stand it any long, I’ll probably try a small amount of slight flat soda.

brian11
on 8/21/13 11:55 am
Topic: RE: Jonesing for Soda

Week 2 after surgery has been a challenge.  I’m final getting in better quantity of fluids (mostly water, SF Kool-Aid, and SF popsicles).  Getting tired of sweet and have been moving to more water.  Plan to begin protein drinks at the start of next week.

My stomach has just felt kind of bla where nothing seems too appealing.  The kind of stomach feelings where I would normally take 7 up and soda crackers just to calm it down.  I know neither is anything I should be doing for a long time.

I’ve been off soda for about a month.  The only hard part up till now was that first week of caffeine withdrawal.

What is it with the carbonation that’s bad for DS?

brian11
on 8/15/13 8:55 am
Topic: RE: Newbe Introduction

Everything is going on track.  I got off IV yesterday, pasted the blue dye test yesterday and passed the barium test today.  But to be honest, I'm at the stage of what the heck did I do to myself.  Still burping up gas.  Gas X was the first thing I bought for the trip, but forgot to pack it.   

I've got the walking and resting parts down, but am really having a hard time getting in fluids.  Just not that hungery or thirsty.  Pretty much just want to lay in bed until the gas builds up to the point I have to move around to release some of it.

brian11
on 8/15/13 8:47 am

I just asked and was told the channel is 120 cm.  My intestine was about 8 m to start.

My surgery BMI was 45.  I lost about 15 lbs in the two weeks leading up to surgery.

brian11
on 8/13/13 8:24 pm

thanks for the words of encouragement.

brian11
on 8/13/13 8:23 pm

Oh no, I was very careful not to show them my backside.  But once you under, who knows what they look at. LOL

brian11
on 8/13/13 11:19 am

I've introduced myself to the men's group early today.  I just got the DS yesterday.  It was done by by Dr Aceves in Mexically.  So far so good.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 254 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 736 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views