AJsNewLife’s Posts

AJsNewLife
on 7/8/17 1:35 pm
Topic: RE: 23 Months post-op

I was here pre-op and wanted to update.

I had my DS with Dr. Ayoola 8/10/15. I was 453lbs, down from my high of 476. My scale this morning said 190.

I'm the worst WLS patient. I never followed the recommendations because I had the procedure to hopefully correct a metabolic problem that nothing seemed to resolve.

Let me say that anemia sucks, having to run to the bathroom sucks, blacking out from low blood pressure sucks and dehydration sucks the worst of all.

Take your vitamins. Drink that bottle of water. And don't listen to the other patients too closely. I tried to tell the nutritionist that I was not eating enough while hospitalized for something totally unrelated. She didn't believe me. I told her that my calories were too low, and I knew that because my weight stalled. She didn't believe me. Blood work is not influenced by popular opinion and my A1C was low. Medicine is a practice.

I've had to increase and decrease carbs periodically throughout the last 2 years because 1) I would rather lose slower and have less skin problems and 2) my body refuses to cooperate without them and I have long stalls.

Carbs aren't bad. No food is bad. It's a tool and sometimes I need to use different tools. I eat more now than before my surgery and I LOVE food without guilt but more than anything I've learned to listen to my body.

Listen to your body.

Best wishes all!

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 360 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 134 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1050 views