Agray1222’s Posts

Agray1222
on 8/8/18 9:07 am
Topic: RE: I Just Need Advice

Thank you Caroline

Agray1222
on 8/8/18 6:55 am
Topic: RE: I Just Need Advice

I had my surgery on 6/15/18 and I weighed 315 lbs. I am currently 268 lbs so I am down 47 lbs a little under two months and I have been at a stall for the past two weeks. Just out of curiosity how long do stalls usually last?

Now on to the subject that I need advice about. My nutrionist says I should only be eating 1/2 cup for a meal and I should be eating 6 small (1/2 cup) meals a day. First off, I measure everything in ounces, I don't see how you can manipulate steak or chicken into a 1/2 measuring cup and it truly be 1/2 cup? Can someone explain this to me? Also, although I am only a little over 7 weeks out I can sit down and eat 4-5 oz meals. Typically this is how my eating goes in a day:

4 oz of scrambled eggs w/ diced ham and shredded cheese for breakfast

2 1/2 to 3 hours later I eat a snack of Dannan Fit & Light Greek Yogurt

2 1/2 to 3 hours later I lunch that is 4 or 5oz of smoked turkey or 4oz of chicken salad or maybe in 1 scrambled egg with cheese and 3 sausage links

Usually my afternoon snack goes to pot because I am to busy at work or if I can manage to catch a break I eat Turkey Pepperoni about 17 - 34 small peices or some string cheese, but these days are far and few between.

Several Hours after 5 pm I eat dinner and that is usually made of up 4 oz of meat and maybe 2 tablespoons full of carrots or green beans, some type of veggie.

Does this sound like normal eating for someone that is 7 weeks out?

Yes I get 80-120 grams of protein a day and my carbs are usually under 30 grams but according to the nutrionist I can have up to 60 carbs per day.

I don't know why I just feel like a complete failure.

I posted my dinner last night on Facebook and boy did I get a bunch of bad comments. For the first time I ate Mac N Cheese, I was way under on carbs before I ate it and I did not go over my 60 carbs a day limit but you would have thought I shot someone by the way those people reacted. I know to stay away from carbs but I was fat for a reason and I'm sorry but you can't just stop all bad eating habits, in addition to having this tool you need to be able to eat things you love in moderation.

I just want some opinions please. Good advice, I don't need to be shamed or called out please.

Thank you for your time and input.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 115 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 659 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views