ALighterMe 1.’s Posts

ALighterMe 1.
on 6/12/17 8:36 pm
Topic: RE: Dr. Alejandro Lopez?

Hi. So while I orignally went for the DS once the doctornwent in he found my stomach twisted towards the bottom because of my hiatal hernia he was also going to fix. He stated that if he were toto do the DS my stomach was still pulling into my esphogus ( spell check) so he made the decision to do the RNY instead because the part that was twisted was the part he would cut off with the RYN. Not not I wanted but I trust his judgment. He assured me afterwards that it was best for me because if he were to do the DS anyways I could have had problems down the road. I am also a lightweight and just made the decision that I will make this work. I have heard the same thing about the RYN but I have also heard that it's good too for some people too.

ALighterMe 1.
on 6/12/17 10:23 am

Hi. I had my surgery on Friday. Everything went good. The hospital is really clean and very nice. I was pleasantly surprised. Surgery went good although I ended up getting a gastric bypass I was up and walking later that day and haven't stopped. I am really surprised that I am doing so well after hearing all the post op stories ofnbeing tired and barely able to walk around. I am going home today. The only uncomfortable part is the drain that is put in after surgery and not taken out until the day you leave. I am actually going home a day earlier. When is your surgery

ALighterMe 1.
on 6/2/17 2:12 pm
Topic: RE: Gastric DS

I am scheduled for DS surgery next week and my patient coordinator sent over info packet with my date, etc. On there is says I am scheduled for a Gastric DS. What is that? Is that the same as a regular DS?

ALighterMe 1.
on 6/1/17 9:11 am

I am scheduled with Dr. Lopez for a DS next week. I will let you know how it goes. I have spoken to others who have went through him also and had a nothing but good things to say about him, his staff and most importantly the surgery. All DS.

ALighterMe 1.
on 5/22/17 12:40 pm
Topic: RE: Vitamin Patches

Is the Synthroid specific for your health or someone that most DS'ers take?

ALighterMe 1.
on 5/22/17 9:55 am

Valerie, what is your daily vitamin schedule?

ALighterMe 1.
on 5/22/17 9:54 am

Pete what is your daily vitamin schedule

ALighterMe 1.
on 5/19/17 1:51 pm

Considering buying the vitamin patches to start off with after surgery. What patches do I buy that covers everything DSers need? What site do you buy from. Thank you.

ALighterMe 1.
on 5/12/17 3:19 pm
Topic: RE: Hiatal Hernia Repair, Gallbladder Removal and DS on same day???

I am having my revision from VSG to DS in June but also have a hiatal hernia that needs to be repaired, on top of that I want to have my gallbladder removed so that I don't have to come back again in a year or so like I have heard others have. Does anyone have experience with doing all three on the same day? If so, how was your recovery? Any complications? Did your recovery seem to take longer than expected? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

ALighterMe 1.
on 5/11/17 1:18 pm
Topic: RE: DDS revision after VSG

What is your current weight?

ALighterMe 1.
on 5/2/17 2:23 pm
Topic: RE: Doctor has proposed Duodenal Switch

I am wondering about your statement of "Today I am back to always on a diet and always trying to lose weight." Is it because you eat more carbs? I am scheduled for surgery in June and want this to be my last surgery and thought I wouldn't have to always be on a diet or always trying to lose weight with the DS. Thank you PattyL

ALighterMe 1.
on 4/17/17 4:58 pm
Topic: RE: Medicines

i have been on certain medication for the past 10'years for bipolar disorder. I am now worried about the malabsorption of my medication. Does my dr just triple the dosage ?

ALighterMe 1.
on 4/13/17 8:00 am
Topic: RE: Bikram yoga

How how will I have to wait post op to start Bikram Yoga to tone while losing weight? I am scheduled for DS surgery in June

ALighterMe 1.
on 4/12/17 9:30 am
Topic: RE: What do I put down as the reason why I need to be out of work for 6 weeks?

Thank you NoreenRT. Would "corrective surgery" be same as cosmetic to your employer? My manager and I all good with each other but still don't really want to say what exactly I am having besides a hiatal hernia removal.

ALighterMe 1.
on 4/11/17 9:10 am
Topic: RE: What do I put down as the reason why I need to be out of work for 6 weeks?

I asked my employer for the forms for short term disability and FMLA and they said they needed more details about the surgery. What should my response be and I am sure they will wonder why I am going to a doctor in Mexico instead of in the states.

ALighterMe 1.
on 4/7/17 11:15 am
Topic: RE: Tijuana DS doctor Referrals please

For anyone who has had their DS and/or WL surgery done in Tijuana Mexico, please send me your doctor's info if you felt they did a great job. Thank you.

ALighterMe 1.
on 4/7/17 11:14 am
Topic: RE: Benefit of having Gallbladder Removed?

Considering having a DS after failed VSG. Please let me know what is the benefit of having your gallbladder removed besides not having or developing stones? Also did you have to pay to have yours removed or was it all in the same package? A doctor I contacted in Mexico is charging $1500 to have it removed.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 256 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 737 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views