just me....

daniel patrick
on 6/13/06 9:47 am - Glen Burnie, MD
Well, the textbooks have been collected, the final examinations have been graded, the seniors have graduated, and the rest of the students have left the building. Tomorrow is the last day for teachers and Friday is the last day for Department Chairs. What an incredible school year it has been!!! The day that school started, I was under the laproscopic knife... and throughout the year...there have been numreous changes. This past weekend, I decided it was time for a break before the hussle and hassle of the end of the school year sets in. So, off I went to North Carolina with the goal of doing some outlet shopping. I have no summer clothes..and the clothes that I have now...(all winter based) are all pretty much tooo big. So, off we went. Well, needless to say, I was pretty surprised by what I found. My dream used to be to be able to fit into a Liz Claiborne shirt and pants (only designer that I care for...otherwise give me Walmart and JC Penneys). Well, I hauled my size 56 pants tushy..and my 3x sized shirt stomach into the outlets...and guess what I found... The clothing gods have laughed at me!!! When I was in those sizes, there were no selections....nothing stylish to buy to wear... NOW...however, there is nothing for smaller sized shoppers. When I say smaller size, let me tell you that I am in a size 32 pants and a size small shirt. Matter of fact.....small shirts are often a little baggier then I prefer... The size 32 pants..fit right..but I am not used to a "snug" waist...used to having too much material from tooo large of pants.. The only sad part... (not a complaint), but for the most part, I can only wear pleated pants. My stomach is pretty flabby..so flat front pants aren't very attractive... Needless to say, I ended up with three pair of slacks, three pair of shorts, about ten shirts, a belt, and suit. Sounds like a lot (almost $800. worth...all for less then $200.). Needless to say, it is nice to have more then three pair of pants and five shirts. Of course, now I have the clothes that I need for some of the summer traveling I plan on doing.. I leave Friday for 5 days in Atlanta (I am taking six students)... Then I am off on a cruise to Bermuda...followed by a conference in Detroit... Definitely a few trips planned and a lot of activities for the summer. As I said, there have been a lot of changes so far and a lot more to come. I am one pound away from my one-year doctor's goal. I am hoping during my next appointment....I will be allowed to start an exercise program. I would like to lose about ten to fifteen more pounds...but I also want to start exercising... All in all, things are going okay. I get down sometimes, I miss the comfort of food and the social activity of dining out (okay... I miss pigging out)...but I am okay... I do, however, want to say how much I enjoy all your posts...all your information...and all of you!!!!!!!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Help! need some experience
catmray · 0 replies · 392 views
New to Board, Homeschooling Mom
S. M. · 0 replies · 370 views
literature review question!
alanwood12 · 2 replies · 585 views