I can't believe i am slipping already. I need advice

lesliegail
on 10/20/09 2:08 pm - little elm, TX
I had a revision from a failed lapband to a RNY this past june 22..  I had a VBG in 1999. So this make my third weight loss surgery.  I also had a total bowel obstruction in 2002. I have already picked up bad habits. and i don't think i am getting enough protein in. I think i have hit a plateau already after losing just 39 pounds  My best friends wedding is in March 2010. I have to wear a stapless dress and my skin is loose and flacid.  I still weigh 256 pounds and i thought i would have lost about 79 by now.  Can not getting in enough protein cause my weight loss to stop?  What is the best protein mix.  I am really sensitive to taste and some of them are just too sweet.  I need help and encouragement quick. Am i going to come close to where i want to be for the wedding?
Waterwench
on 10/21/09 11:00 am - portland, OR
You're 4 months out from surgery, so you should be able to expand to other forms of protein by now. I love chicken breast as a source of protein--it's lean, full of protein, and low calorie. 4 ounces of chicken breast has 35 grams of protein and only 196 calories.

Keep your diet low-calorie and filled with good things--fresh vegetables, salads, lean protein--and start MOVING every day. The weight will fall off.

Also, if you have a history of a bowel obstruction, be very careful to get enough fiber every day and if you go more than two days without a BM, take some Milk of Magnesia. An open bowel is a happy bowel! :)

"Fall down 7 times--STAND UP 8!"

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/09 11:10 pm - Menomonee Falls, WI
kimatlast
on 11/8/09 3:08 am
 I put egg protein (powdered) in smoothies that I make with Carnation Instant Breakfast, and it isn't obvious to me that it's in there. Good luck!
Cakes
on 11/15/09 7:49 am - Ahoskie, NC
I picked your post out of a long list.  Something jumped out at me.  You have had three surgeries.  That is a lot of physical/medical adjustments to help you lose weight, but I am not sensing that you have come to terms with some emotional and mental adjustments.  Yoiu admit to picking up bad habits, but you don't say what they are.   You probably know better than nost what diet is needed to be successful, especially after having the RNY.  Do you find yourself being self destructive?  Do you have a difficult time with who you see in the mirror?  Are you afraid of being successful?  There are things I deal with.  I am not saying I am right about you.  I just feel that what you describe in the first part of your post, does not gel with the latter.  I wish you success.  I want you to fit in that strapless dress.  Do you really truly honestly want that for yourself? You know what you have to do, follow your diet program, exercise, don't cheat - even when you body lets you do so.  I wish you success, medically, physically and emotionally.  
Most Active