DO NOT HAVE THE LB SURGERY...YOU WILL REGRET IT WITH SEIZURES

Rhonda53
on 12/15/14 5:25 pm

I had the LB 2009 and lost about50 lbs. I'm not sad about the loss, I look pretty good. I was 248.9 and I am now 203. I carry the weight well but need to have a lift. Here is the problem tthough. 

This year I started having seizures. They do not run in my family jor have I ever been an epileptic. It happened to me twice back in2010 where I fell out in the street then in the restaurant on the same day.  The hospital people thought I was just dehydrated amd malnourished because of the band.Let it go at that. Now back in Oct. started zoning out and not remembering things and feeling horrible. My t.a.'s, my oldest sister and a few others have witnessed it. Had to go back to hospital and was told that what it was. My CAT sjowed I have been javing smaller ones for a while.  I now take Keppra twice a day. Heres the problem. ALL the docs yhat I've been to are saying that it is NOT because of the Band. I've been doing research on my own and that's complete B.S.!!!!!!

The more i study, the more i study and research, the more I see others in my same spot!I don't know what to do or how to fix it.I cant afford to stop driving or lose my independence. Im really upset about it. So be careful with this WLS as well. 

Randarenee

Zee Starrlite
on 12/29/14 6:40 am

I have never heard of anyone having seizures from the Band.  Also it is not necessary to be genetic and they can happen at any age.

Do you get a good balanced diet?  No vomiting - right?  Because that can get to the point of causing seizures.

If you feel strongly that your band is causing this issue, have your band removed ASAP.

All Best

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

MaronitaMay
on 6/23/15 2:39 pm

I'm sorry about your having seizures, but it is NOT the lap-band.  I take offense at your using the word epileptic it is like calling a black person a n*ggr.  It is highly inappropriate and extremely offensive to those who have seizures.  I USED TO have seizures and am seizure free.  Like you I had Lap-Band surgery and I have NOT had any seizures as a result.  Lap-Band surgery does NOT I repeat NOT cause seizures.

(deactivated member)
on 7/4/15 7:58 am
On June 23, 2015 at 2:39 PM Pacific Time, MaronitaMay wrote:

I'm sorry about your having seizures, but it is NOT the lap-band.  I take offense at your using the word epileptic it is like calling a black person a n*ggr.  It is highly inappropriate and extremely offensive to those who have seizures.  I USED TO have seizures and am seizure free.  Like you I had Lap-Band surgery and I have NOT had any seizures as a result.  Lap-Band surgery does NOT I repeat NOT cause seizures.

Not appropriate! How does the word epileptic compare to the n word? That was a very uneducated and disgusting comparison. We can all see that the OP is a black woman; why you felt the need to make the comparison instead of educate is beyond me. Since you won't, I will. After reading you tell me, logically, if the two words compare;

Epileptic is offensive or deemed an insensitive word because when we call a person that, you recognize the medical problem before the individual. It would be comparable to referring to someone as a disabled. Instead you would say a person with a disability. 

Use the Internet responsibly and let's make fair and appropriate connections. I think you should apologize to the OP. 

Denice D.
on 8/30/15 9:27 am - Cedarville, AR

You are so right!!  The band is poison.  Here is what I found. This is from a post I made last year when trying to find out why I was having so many problems.  I now have the band out and they have all gone. I have issues with the scar tissue and some other stomach and bowel stuff due to the damage. But this other is gone.

" I to have had these problems.  After researching what could be causing my joint pain I have determined it is the band.  If you see the symptoms of silcone toxicity you probably have most if not all of them as I do.  The band is made of silicone and can corrode. I assume when it is corroding is it going into our system causing these problems. I first thought I may have Rheumatoid Arthritis but I did not have all the symptoms and I do not want to be treated on a "maybe". The peices fit. It was about 6-8 months after I got the band that the joint pain started.  At first I thought I maybe going through menopause because some of the symptoms are so similar.  I am in the process of getting my band out.  It has been nothing but a nightmare for over 2 years.  I hope you have been able to get yours removed.  Please let me know if you have had it removed and if it has helped. Here is a list of the symptoms:

The Signs and Symptoms of Silicone Immune Toxicity Syndrome are as follows:

• Multipe chemical sensitivities and sensitivities to perfume, smoke and other inhalants
  • Muscle inflammation
  • Joint pain
  • Fatigue
  • Weakness
  • Anxiety and depression
  • Hair loss
  • Memory loss
  • Foggy thinking
  • Night sweats
  • Tingling in the hands and feet
  • Heacaches
  • Abdominal pain
  • Chest pain
  • Other autoimmune disorders, including rheumatoid arthritis and Sjogren’s syndrome, scleroderma, fibromayalgia, and multiple sclerosis

In silicone immune toxicity syndrome, the body produces antibodies against the complex that forms when silicon attaches to protein molecules in various organs, resulting in an autoimmune response."

Good luck to you, and if you have not got that thing out yet, please get it out.  God bless

Most Active