Anyone had a regain and now losing the regain?

SHRINKINSISTA
on 9/19/15 12:22 am

Hi

I had rny about 6 years ago. I lost 150 but gained back 60. I never reached my goal weight. I am still very overweight. A friend talked me into trying weigh****chers but disappointed because over 3 months only lost 12 pounds. I did not exercise much but felt with my weight I wouldn't need to worry about that right now. My surgeon told me to eat whole grains, fruits, vegetables and protein. He encouraged me to eat any healthy carbs in the morning/lunch and none after lunch time and as much vegetables as I want. I have been eating 3 meals and in the evening 1 small snack (usually a piece of fruit) and I stop eating 3 hours before bed and drink 100oz of water each day. I just do not understand why I am not losing weight. I am disappointed in myself that I had such a large regain. I do not want a revision as I still do have my tool and I know it still works if I work it but doesn't work quite like it did in the beginning.

Anyone here had a regain and losing their regain and had rny? What is working for you? I really need some guidance and support. Thank you. Steph

Tri_harder
on 10/6/15 7:18 pm

I think 1 lb. a week is great. That is 50 lbs. in a year. Just keep doing what you are doing for the rest of your life. You will be able to maintain 150 lb. weight loss. Tri

piggyangel
on 10/13/15 12:03 pm - CO

Hi Steph,

I had rny in 2006 and hit my goal weight and more. I was able to maintain my weight until about 3 yrs ago when my hubby and & I moved out of state away from my kids and grandkids. boy was I heart broken, and HATED my new town. I hated it to the point that I ate 60pds of emotions. Before I knew it I was looking for new clothes when the ones in the closet didn't fit anymore. And man, I was a defeatist, every thing else caused my weight gain, not me. Until I got tired of hurting from my osteoporosis in my knees & my hubby said that every extra 1pd on your body constitutes to 5pds of stress, I mentally did the math and realized I was heavier than I thought and hurting myself. I looked into a revision and nightmares of my first surgery and subsequent surgeries flooded on back to me so, I gave myself one month of weighing my food on my scale, drinking all my water, exercising and not drinking a half hour before or after a meal. and so far I am on the losing side, where I need to be. when I feel like snacking I think of my closet and sip on.....I went back to the tools of the rny...we will see how it works for me but I bet, there will be no revision in my world......

Piggy Angel

SHRINKINSISTA
on 10/19/15 8:29 pm

Great job Piggy Angel!!! Change is hard so I think you are handling it well.

Chickenboob
on 1/6/16 2:16 pm - Rockland, Canada

I regained I guess 61 pounds now that I look at it.

I have lost 36 of those since September more than halfway there!

I was also RNY.

I'm doing Atkins. It's not that far off of the RNY life style.

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

Dedicated123
on 10/16/16 5:44 pm

RNY back in 2001. I started at 313 and got down to 176 at my lowest  kept off for about 6 years but gradually regained over 50 lbs.  I managed to take 30 of them back off over last 3 months but partly because I have been sick and had a coupleof surgeries not related to RUN.  I reduced the amount I eat and try to make better choices but it is not easy. You (WE) can do this ..one day at a time!!!  Best of luck to you!  Diana

(deactivated member)
on 11/10/16 3:57 pm - Carrollton, TX
RNY on 11/26/07 with

I had my surgery 11/2007. I lost from 410 lbs to 255. I never reached goal. However, I started to slowly regain and it scared me to death!  So four weeks ago I began a regimine of drinking tons of water, not drinking with meals, 2 100 calorie protein shakes a day, 2 100 calorie protein bars a day, 4 ounces of lean protein 2x a day, 1/2 cup low carb veggies  2x per day, 2 fats per day. And it is working well for me!  I am losing an average of two pounds a week. Unfortunately, we will never lose like we did after bypass surgery! I tried to lose before and couldn't. Now I am. I plan to get to goal. That is 78 lbs!!!

Most Active