Feeling like a failure

wanttobthin
on 4/28/17 10:28 am

I had my RNY surgery August of 2010. I lost 140 lbs but gained back 48 lbs. I am feeling like such a failure and really need to get back on track. I let old habits of eating sugary snacks, carbs, drinking with meals back in. I do not dump when I eat sugary foods and that sucks.

I was approved for an apolo overstitch revision but I chickened out and did not get it.

I guess I just need some encouragement to get back on track. Thanks for listening. My goal is to get back down to 145lbs.

wanttobthin
on 4/29/17 6:07 am

I guess I should add that I had a friend that had the Appollo overstitch procedure done and she said it didn't help much. I was wondering if I should reconsider having it done or just get back to the basics and see if I can loose it that way. when I had an endoscope done the Dr. stated that my stoma was stretched 4 times it size.

Tri_harder
on 5/3/17 7:38 am

I would jump at the chance of the Apollo procedure. Tri

edie121
on 5/4/17 5:24 pm
Hi I had the over stitch done on April 12th and have lost 17 lbs. so far. I had my RNY in DEC 2017, never made it to goal and gained about 35 lbs. back. I had gotten careless and started eating slider foods fast foods and drinking with meals. I had an endoscope done which showed i stretched my stoma and pouch. This time I'm being very careful, protein first, low carb, watching portions, getting in fluids and not drinking with meals. I'm so very grateful for this second chance.

Take care,
Edie
Edie
Tri_harder
on 3/7/18 6:27 am

How is the Overstitch working out after almost a year? thanks, Tri

edie121
on 3/7/18 11:46 am
Well, I lost almost 20 lbs. and gained it back. I
joined WW in January and lost 12 lbs. in the last couple months. I missed a few weeks because I had to have surgery but am going back this week. I like the accountability the meetings give me.
The overstich did definitely give me the restriction back but I had let bad habits and foods back in so that's on me.
Take care
Edie
Edie
Tri_harder
on 3/8/18 7:24 pm

what I like about WW is that you eat to lose the same way you eat to maintain. If you lost 12 lbs. in a couple months you are doing well. Persistence will pay off. Glad you are doing well. Tri

edie121
on 3/10/18 4:00 pm
Thanks Tri, I missed WW again today because i have shingles on my head and face. And i was just feeling better from my galbladder surgery, oh well. I am planning on going back next Saturday, providing i dont look too bad. Hope you are doing well!
Edie
Edie
HonestOmnivore
on 6/2/17 11:33 am
RNY on 03/29/17

Try getting active in the RNY Menu forum. Track your diet in MFP and daily report your planned menus. It seems easier with a group that can all relate and there are others in the group who have relapsed to poor eating habits. I'm a newb, but I feel your pain after having failed at so many diets over my lifetime.

5'4" 49yrs at surgery date

SW - 206 CW - 128
M1 - 20lb M2 - 9 lb M3 - 7 lb M4 - 7 lb M5 - 7 lb M6 - 6 lb M7 - 4 lb M8 - 1 lb M9 - 2 lb M10 - 4 lb M11 - 0lb M12 - 3lb M13 - 0 lb M14 - 2 lb M15 - 0 lb M16 - 3 lb

edie121
on 6/4/17 7:21 am, edited 6/4/17 12:22 am
Thanks for replying we are all in the same boat whether newbies like yourself or people facing regain like myself. It all comes down to changing our eating for good. I think I will post my menus at the end of the day. A lot of the time my eating plan changes after I post it. Good luck to you!
Edie
Most Active