Regained looking for overeaters anonymous meeting buddy in San Fernando Valley

LakerLadi
on 9/5/17 1:39 pm

I'm 15 years post up gastric bypass and ive gained a lot of weight. I was looking for a meeting buddy possibly to join Overeaters Anonymous with in the San Fernando Valley. I'm struggling to get back on the right path and eat protein first and no junk. I'm sure I've stretched out my pouch but I've decided against having any more surgery. I just don't want to put out the money for it again fear that I don't do everything I'm supposed to. And I do have a friend that had gastric bypass about 17 years ago and as had major complications. My teenager is extremely worried that something's going to happen to me. So I really need to do the right thing and exercise and eat right. By the way I'm new to the board I'm hoping to make some friends. Have a blessed day everyone

ladygodiva1228
on 9/6/17 9:46 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Welcome. Some of the forums like this one don't get as much traffic as the general or other forums. Might I suggest you post on either the main forum or the Gastric Bypass-RNY forum.

It might also help to check out the "what are you eating today" posts. They could give you some ideas on how to get back on track.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

(deactivated member)
on 2/18/18 11:01 am

I haven't found that twelve step groups are very helpful with eating addiction issues . However they do offer a valuable and free education about addiction.

Combining food accountability and daily support on this site with local friends struggling with the same issue you meet at physical meetings may be very helpful. Particularly if they become your daily walking / workout buddies.

(((())) hugs

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/18 2:01 am

I have a different kind of disease, but because of it, I too must adhere to a constant diet. The amount of food is limited, and food is also limited in principle. I can not even eat all the fruits. I have to stick to this diet, but I can not. I very quickly break. I would also like to find people with whom we could support each other.

Most Active