Recent Posts

White Dove
on 2/13/24 5:51 am - Warren, OH
Topic: RE: Has anyone got any experience with Sclerotherapy injections?

The only way to lose weight and keep it off is to eat less than you burn. The procedure will not help much because, when you had your first surgery your stomach was about the size of two litter bottle of soda. It was reduced down to the size of an egg or even smaller. So you had little hunger and it took a tiny amount to fill you up.

Now you are starting with a stomach the size of an egg and it is being reduced by a tiny amount. It will not make much difference in how you eat after you heal up from all of the trauma of what they are doing to you.

But you learned how to put enough food into that tiny stomach to get up to 216 pounds. That is easy to do. Just eat smaller amounts more often. The difference between 136 and 216 is 810 calories a day. A stop at McDonald's or a nice dessert. Most women eat close to 2000 calories a day and weigh close to 200.

I found the greatest help and support with Weigh****chers and it took years. The best thing you can do for yourself is learn how to eat less and love and enjoy what you do eat. It is a journey will so many rewards once you decide to go for it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

wcumom1
on 2/13/24 5:13 am

Is it the procedure that's endoscopic where they burn your stoma that results in scar tissue to reduce the size?

If so, I had it yesterday. My original rny was may 5, 2009. Highest weight 268 lowest weight was 135. I'm at 216 this morning. I pray this helps. I feel like crap. Depressed, sad and fat. I'll have 2 more procedures each 6 weeks apart followed by a full liquid diet.

Brandi_L_Moran
on 3/23/23 4:30 am
AngelineBenjamin
on 2/27/23 5:30 am, edited 3/2/23 11:39 am
DS on 08/20/22
Topic: RE: what do you think about beauty brokers?

I am skeptical of such services. If I need a recommendation, advice, treatment, I always turn to professionals. Beauty brokers rarely give sensible advice. I solve all my skin issues with my cosmetologist and dermatologist. Together we choose a comprehensive care for my skin, quality skin care products and procedures. Recently, my cosmetologist recommended that I get a Filler Treatment in Woodland Hills. This treatment helps my skin look radiant, healthy and beautiful. As we age, the quality of our skin deteriorates. Therefore, you need to carefully monitor its condition and do everything possible to prolong its youthfulness.

Brandi_L_Moran
on 2/25/23 6:09 am, edited 3/28/23 4:31 pm
Topic: Offer closed.

Offer closed. Love!

VSG with Dr. Alvarez in 04.2009. Maintain 130 lb loss - not by depending on surgical restriction or food rules. Change your mind, change your life.

White Dove
on 11/2/22 6:09 pm, edited 11/2/22 11:09 am - Warren, OH

I had RNY in 2007 and today I am my goal weight of 136 pounds. I have had regains and lost it again several times.

Revisions do not help anyone to lose their excess weight. The normal experience is to go on a pre-op liquid diet, then a liquid diet after the revision. That results in about a 20 pound loss. Once people go back to solid food, the weight loss stops.

There is a way to lose the excess weight and to keep it off. It is eating less calories than you burn. My personal way is with Weigh****chers. It takes time and work, but it can be done.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

StartingAgainVSG2011
on 10/8/22 12:20 pm
Topic: RE: I failed my sleeve and want to get back on track

Wow, I am exactly in the same boat except with having the VSG. I find myself so jealous right now of my sister in always for just getting her surgery because I would do it all again if I could.

I don't feel they focus enough on emotional eaters. That's my biggest downfall. I eat when I'm sad, glad, bored ect. I haven't gained all my weight back, but am about there unfortunately.

I'm now again starting back and am looking for support and understanding just like youð?¤--ð?¤--

cbishop1
on 9/28/22 5:37 pm

I am sorry, I thought that was only to treat hemorrhoids, or to shut down spider and varicose veins. I think this is a learning opportunity for all. Can you reference the medical journals that you were reading to better understand how injecting a sclerosant or irritant helps?

Thankyou

dstat5260
on 9/16/22 8:55 pm
Topic: RE: Information about the Molina Gastric band

I had my Molina band put on in 1985. I lost over 100 pounds but over the years have gained back approximately 50 pounds. I can not eat most meats but foolishly I find myself cheating every so often . My problem is I vomit in my sleep. It is a scary experience because I wake up choking. I decided it was time to remove the ring. I found a doctor in Houston John Primowo . He was very helpful and got my surgery scheduled. After the surgery he told me he could not find the ring . He fixed a hiatal hernia that he found and removed a great deal of scar tissue . During the surgery he did a gastric by pass revision. It's been 2 months and I am doing fine No more midnight vomiting and I have lost over 30 pounds. I am concerned where didn't ring go Should i have tests done to attempt to locate it. If this has happened to you please post. Denise

Gypsy Blossom
on 5/27/22 3:33 pm - Chicago, IL
Topic: Has anyone got any experience with Sclerotherapy injections?

I'm exploring revision options right now to try to restore some semblance of the tool I once had.. I'm almost 18 years post op.. I've regained about 65# from my longest maintained lowest weight (about two years).

I've tried the pouch re-sets, and tried them again. And again. Each time I fail because my hunger is pretty profound and I feel like it's pretty obvious my stoma has stretched to a point where it's not limiting my intake or helping me feel sated.

Anyway, I've read some pretty interesting research results in medical journals but I'm short on "real-life" experience.

Anyone?

Thanks,

Stephanie

Stef
RNY 11/12/04
5'11"
390/236/175

Most Active