"I Love You" Letters to family---Just in case...

Dolores O.
on 2/9/08 11:11 am
Hi everyone, My surgery is coming up (March 6th), and I am thinking about writing personal letters to my mom, my sisters, my brother and aunts. Has anyone written "I Love You" letters to your family, just in case??? If you have do you mind posting it here? I am having trouble coming up with the wording without becoming to macarbe. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Proud Military Mom
on 2/9/08 12:48 pm - Reno, NV
Hi Dolores... I did but I only wrote them to my 3 boys... no one else.. I hid them and told my BFF at the time about them just in case.. Then the morning I was to leave for the hospital I tore them up.. weird I know but I had this inner peace that I was gonna be just fine.. I can tell you I wrote my boys about how much I love them, what was so special about them that made my life better.. I told them I wanted them to be loving happy adults and to shoot for the stars in whatever they wanted to do to make them happy. there was more but it was along those lines... Have a safe uneventful surgery.. and come back tell us how your feeling.. Debby
Sparky
on 2/9/08 7:54 pm - Reno, NV
Hi Delores, I recently went in for Hernia surgery and left one letter to my wife asking her if I die to please keep her car clean. She read it before surgery tore it up and smacked me! You're gonna do just fine! Anymore this surgery is a peice of cake for these Docs. My guess is you're in great hands and soon you're gonna be a skinnny thang swinging it on the dance floor like so many others on this board! Hugs, Sparky
Dolores O.
on 2/10/08 7:47 am
LOL Sparky, I burst out laughing when I read your response! Swinging on the dance floor lol I haven't danced since I was 17 years old. I just want to be able to go out for New Year's Eve for once in my life and have fun and not be in bed by 10 lol Thank you so much. And you are right....I do have one of the best surgeons around and I know I'm in good hands...so I will not worry.
RHONDA FROM KY
on 2/10/08 8:47 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
that silly man sparkles.. failed to tell ya that he's married to the woman above him the one who wrote the letters to her sons but tore them up they both had the surgery.. met on the singles board.. and many of us here have experienced all their lovin.. loves grand here in the family/friends board.. Welcome I personally did not write any letters.. but I was so skeered and crying off and on up to two weeks before my surgery. The girls at work would say well why are you doing it.. and I would just know that I had to.. I kept going forward.. and finally had a *peace* before the surgery. Since I'm single.. I did get my mom listed on my bank account so that if anything happened she had access. it's *normal* to worry and to be skeered to death.. and cry.. it's one hell of a rollercoaster ride.. but I am so happy I did it... and would do it again if needed. Hang in there hun and hope to see ya here more.
Dolores O.
on 2/10/08 9:18 am
Hi Rhonda, I am sooo overwhelmed with this place lol Just when I get comfortable with the main forum, I search and find other forums to post in. I want to post in the singles forum but it seems kind of slow over there And that is awesome about the two love birds meeting on here. How I wi**** could happen to me lol And I have gotten a lot of responses from the main forum, which I printed and will read tonight before bed, but I am thining about not writing the letters now. Ohhhh I feel you about being skeered lol I am skeered to death after having a dream last weekend about dying...it was weird, because I died and then I was with a bunch of people on a bus having fun and stuff. Anyway... I am not scared of dying. I know my soul is right with God and if it's my time to go, it's my time to go. I am more skeered about dying because my mother is afraid of something happening to me. I almost died 2 years ago from two blood clots that traveled to my lungs. So she had every right to be worried. But she is my pastor and should know that God is in control and he promised to never leave me or forsake me. I trust him and I know I will be ok...its more out of concern for my family if something should happen to me since my episode two years ago from clots and then a few months later, internal bleeding from Coumadin overload and a ruptured ovarian cyst! I haven't gotten to the crying bit yet, but I beat you I will over the coming days. I will hang in there...and I will try and visit this and the single forums more often. Anyone know of any single Indian men?
RHONDA FROM KY
on 2/10/08 10:49 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
You're gonna be too busy losing weight and getting skinnier.. and your emotions and desires and expectations of men, will be changing drastically within the next year.. may I recommend putting off any *serious* relationships until you're at least a year out from WLS. You will be fine.. please come back and keep talking to us. There are many wonderful boards/people within the OH website. It's only natural to worry about those we love.. so you worry about them.. as they worry about you. The day will be here soon enough.. you will be fine.. and all can rest at last. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers and the first single *most handsome, caring, loving, spiritual* indian man I find is YOURS
Dolores O.
on 2/10/08 8:56 pm
I can't wait to start really losing weight after surgery. I am struggling dy by day to lose weight for surgery. I've already lost the 10 lbs I need to before surgery...and I am aiming to lose more. I want to show my surgeon I am serious about this choice and that I can make good food choices and exercise. And uhhhhh, I haven't been in a relationship since my last year of high school and I am DYING to be in a relationship. I've been single for 18 years, no dates, not nothing. I am sooooo deprived But you are right. I will be a good girl and wait until next year sometime. I've waited this long, what's another year And uhhhh yeah, send me the first handsome, caring, loving and spiritual man you find lol I would be indebted to you for LIFE.
Sparky
on 2/10/08 11:00 am - Reno, NV
Well I personally know 6-10 WLS women that are dancing the heads off now! They used to meet at the Landing in St. Louis and any Male species wandering by was grabs and smothered before he got the message! There is nothing more fun than watchin a fat girl get her grove back! It just warms your heart to see them open up and grab the world again. So don't be suprised if ya get a little wild for a while. You are gonna feel so good about yourself and life is gonna get exciting! Good luck and keep us posted!
Dolores O.
on 2/10/08 8:58 pm
You know what? I might actually be more comfortable with dancing when I do get the weight off. My best friend has been begging me for years to come salsa dancing with him. Now I wont have an excuse. I might actually enjoy it with the weight off. And I need to get wild. I've always been a momma's girl who never partied. Oh boy...WORLD HERE I COME lol
Most Active