Amy Winehouse

Maria L
on 6/22/08 11:27 pm - Glen Burnie, MD
Have you all seen the news that Amy Winehouse has smoked soooo much crack and so many cigarettes that she already has emphysema and an irregular heartbeat? If she doesnt' stop NOW she is gonna be carrying around an oxygen tank. Wow. I mean... it took my dad 35 years of smoking up to 5 packs a day to do that same amount of damage to his lungs and heart -- and his symptoms didn't start until he was in his 60s. She has done SOOOOOOO much that she has accomplished it by 24. Does she EVER breathe normal air? Or has she always had a pipe, joint, or cig in front of her? I hope this thoroughly scared her and she turns around. She is so talented... I love her stuff... but she is such a mess.
ShrinkingKatie
on 6/23/08 4:41 am - Crossville, TN
WoW! That's horrible! You would think being a singer.... she wouldn't be doing that crap or it would hurt her voice? I guess not? eh?
Maria L
on 6/23/08 8:16 am - Glen Burnie, MD
Alas I think singing doesn't mean much to her -- except for a way to have more money and access to drugs. Look on youtube... try to find a video of her sober during a live concert. I haven't found one yet.... there is even one of her doing coke right on stage.
AnnS
on 6/23/08 9:43 am - Smyrna, GA
oh wow and how sad....very sad!!!! my dad is 66 and has copd, heart disease and it was due to smoking for almost 50 years....totally not worth it...i wanted him so badly to walk me down the aisle and he did that...now i want him to know my son for a long time....it is not fair what we do selfishly to our bodies! I know that is one reason why I chose WLS too...and know I am in control to make it happen the rest of my life..... ps good to see you again....i miss not seeing you on a daily basis btw, did you do the ultrasound again?
Maria L
on 6/23/08 10:20 am - Glen Burnie, MD
Oh go****hought I told you already. Baby brain strikes again. Yes, I had the ultrasound again. I had it THREE times cause he wouldn't cooperate and always had his back to us so his spine shadowed over his heart. Finally, the last time, the tech had me (again) get up and jump around, etc. I got him to move that time and they finally got a good look. They said everything looks fine. I am freaking out about my weight. Last time I only gained 2 lbs... which was ok with everyone since I still had some extra padding. This time I have extra too (especially in the tummy area due to last time), but I have gained 20lbs. It is totally freaking me out. I dont feel like I am eating that badly. I actually eat better when pregnant... beause I am more aware of feeding the baby. So I don't quite know why I am gaining the way I am. I think it is because I have insomnia and, starting about 10:00pm every ngiht, I am hungry (physically) every two hours (or less). So I do too much eating and then lying down (or finally falling asleep). I am going try to cut that down and see if I can slow the gain a bit.
AnnS
on 6/23/08 11:33 am - Smyrna, GA
omg....that is hilarious....jumping up and down???? LOL....i hope i do not have to do that and shake around all of this junk I have my next US on July 7th....cannot wait....I am so anxious to feel the baby and it is nervewracking.....it is 20 weeks and I know with the first baby it takes time and with my extra padding....I think I may have felt him last night after I ate but not sure... I have gained about 6-8 ish so far and my doc was not happy...she said I am ONLY suppose to gain about 15 - 20 total with being overweight already...NICE....so she asked if I wanted to see a nutritionist....I may take them up on it I know it is grazing and stress eating (particularly at work)....ugh.....did they say anything about your weight? BTW, did you ever do anything for your anniversary????
Maria L
on 6/23/08 12:01 pm - Glen Burnie, MD
She only talked about my weight when I asked. She said it was a tad much, and maybe I could pay more attention to what I eat. But she didnt' seem overly concerned. *I* am the one freaking out. As I said, I think most of the problem is the late night eating. My routine seems to be: 10:00pm: hungry need snack 11:00pm: try to go to bed... can't sleep. midnight-ish: almost asleep -- but hungry again. If I eat (especially carbs) I might get drowsy and then fall aslepp. 1:30am-ish... still awake, near asleep, but hungry AGAIN. And this is what happens. Also, I tend to eat cereal or other carbs during these times because I know the carb crash might help me sleep (Probalby not the best tactic.) ANYWAY... If you think you felt him right after you ate, I bet you are right! That seems to be the busiest time for mine too. For me, it feels a bit like weirdly-placed gas bubbles or a muscle twitch. I am willing to bet it WAS him you felt! My doctor said to do this to try and feel baby: Drink some OJ (or have some sugar type food) and then lie on your LEFT side. Then focus. You'll probably feel those little twitches or bubbles or even that weird "roll" feeling. DO IT NOW!!!!! I give you permission to eat or drink sugar!!
Brad Ford
on 6/23/08 11:04 am - Central, CT
She has so much talent and potential and it is slipping away. As someone who fights his addictions (food), I feel her pain and hope she gets help before she becomes an uglys statistic. I LOVED Chris Farley and look what happened to him.
Most Active