Just saying hello

Brad Ford
on 11/1/08 4:25 am - Central, CT
Sorry I haven't  posted or even lurked in quite some time.  Since the wedding, Teacher and I have been trying to get the house in some sort of shape before the end of the year.

As an attorney in the financial services industry, it has been kind of crazy (but looking up).
RHONDA FROM KY
on 11/1/08 7:48 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY

Hi Brad..

I've been in and out of sorts myself..  good to see ya tho..

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

AnnS
on 11/2/08 5:01 am - Smyrna, GA
Hi Brad.....

Thanks for checking in....I have been in and out on here too.....it slowed way down and I felt I was posting to myself often.....but have been trying to come back....

So, how is married life????? I love it but Nate and I are still in separate states....we hate it but are on the home stretch, thank GOD!!!

I am almost 39 weeks pregnant and am hoping to have this baby really soon.....I will do an update this week after my appt and will for sure post once the little guy makes his appearance!!!!

Any wedding pics to share????

Take care,

Ann

preview image

Brad Ford
on 11/2/08 5:41 am - Central, CT
Congrats on the baby.  That is wonderful news. 

Married life is good.  Teacher is a great partner and tolerates my oddball habits.   To be honest, things would be perfect but for two things:
1.  I have developed a sleeping disorder.  I cannot stay asleep past 4 am.   Needless to say, I am not pleased with this development.   Working with a doctor to fix it, but who knows.

2.  The freaking economy.  On the brightside, the financial crisis has increased my workload making me very busy.  Always a good sign for business.  On the downside, financial services companies are in the crapper and who knows "who is next" to take a dive.  If you had told me 2 years ago AIG would be out of business, I would have called you crazy.   Furthermore, other strong companies (like my former employer) are in serious trouble (and my current one is not exactly sitting pretty).   I know Bush (and the Repulicans) are getting the blame, but the Democrats (including CT"s idiot Senator Dodd) are  just as guilty.   In today's WSJ, I saw a story about a couple with a combined $70,000 income that managed to borrow $680K for a house WITH NOTHING DOWN.  Now, responsbile borrowers (and employees at banks and insurance companies) are taking it you know where. 
AnnS
on 11/2/08 11:01 am - Smyrna, GA
Thanks so much....you and Teacher are next for a baby right? :)

And hey, we all have oddball habits.....that is part of the relationship give and take stuff.....Nate and I readjust all the time when we are together and likely will continue to adjust as we finally live together, etc.

So sorry on the sleeping.....I too am having that issue but mine lays with having to go to the bathroom 50 million times, worrying if I have everything done at work, worrying about going into labor without Nate here, etc......pre preggo I was taking ambien off and on and have been cleared to take some Tylenol PM during pregnancy......but soon I will not be able to take ANYTHING...lol....hope it works out soon!

Yea, the fricking economy sucks big time.....I too am in the financial CREDIT industry and have unfortunately watched a lot of crap going on......tough market all around.....and I totally agree about AIG, Fannie Mae, Bear Stearns, etc......totally amazing.....and yes, I agree with you on blame......borrowers have been stupid!!! Word on the street is 2009 is going to still suck and it won't be until 2010 until we start to see relief.....WOW.....

Keep in touch on here and SHOW US WEDDING PICS!!!! :)

preview image

Most Active