hubby having trouble with new me

sferko
on 8/17/09 7:25 am - Clayton, NC
My husband told me this weekend that he misses the "old" me. He loved my full figure and the assets that came with it. Now he isn't sure about my new body. He knows I'm happier and healthier and is so proud of me but it really hurts me that I am not as attractive to him as I once was. Has anyone else had this issue? What can I do?
psjim2007
on 8/22/09 2:58 pm - Oceanside, CA
Honestly, I believe he is probobly insecure about your weight loss because more men find you attractive, and he doesn't like the fact that you are probobly getting more attention.
Brad Ford
on 9/15/09 10:41 am - Central, CT
Give him time.   If he loved you when you are heavy, he will love you when you are thin.  

One thing to be careful about.  If he is still heavy, make sure you don't inadvertantly do/say things that make him feel "fat."
graciesmommie
on 9/27/09 9:15 am
This is a fear of mine. My husband is 6ft. 5. I am 5 1. His hands are big. I have always had curves. He is a very hands on person. I haven't had surgery yet but I have been both thick and thin for the length of our relationship. We've been married for 15 years. I hope he still does when he doesn't have a handful to grab! He says love is unconditional. He has never commented on my weight because for him it is a catch 22. But at times when we have felt far apart it seems like taking the time to rediscover each other really helps. Give him time to rediscover you. All of you! My husband says if I am happy he is happy. Guess we will see. Surgery is 6 weeks away. He has seen my struggle and is completely encouraging.  Life can get heptic...Take time out for just you guys. Your marriage deserves it.
Nothing tastes as good as this feels!                                                                     
Karen O.
on 10/2/09 3:59 am - Erie, PA
My husband hasn't came directly out and said he liked the old me ... but I can tell.  Our relationship has changed dramatically.  He tells me I am much more selfish & tells me to lose my arrogant attitude.  I am far from selfish (I am a SAHM of 3 beautiful children & devote all my time to them) ... I am far from arrogant (just because I spent money to have my hair colored & highlighted for the first time in my life that makes me self-centered and arrogant).  Since my life doesn't revolve around him anymore, it's like his world just stopped dead in its tracks.

I must admit that I do spend a few more minutes getting ready & I usually never go out of the house in sweats anymore.  My husband has also become less attractive to me ... not because he is a big guy, but he treats me different now that I am thin.  He is not the same man I married & I am sure I am not the same woman he married ... but he makes me out to be at fault all the time & that because I have had surgery & lost weight, that I have changed completely & he even has told me I became meaner ... I have always had my "mean" side, and I actually thought it has gotten better since I am much more happier with myself!  I am afraid we are losing eachother ... so the answer is "yes, we have had issues with this" ... but I too don't know what to do.  
                                                       K a r e n
                    Lap RNY Gastric Bypass JANUARY 26, 2009

Most Active