When close friends aren't supportive..

on 11/24/10 5:59 am - OR
Do you just stop talking to them about it at all? 
Or keep talking about it (since honestly it DOES take a lot of time to plan, appt's, what you are eating, etc)  and ignore the rude comments or what?

I am SO surprised that I have friends that aren't supportive and assume that I am lazy because I am trying to be approved for this.  I just don't even know what to say to them!

nnivensbigmama
on 12/2/10 10:54 pm

I can so relate i dont have any support from my mother my so called best friend nobody thats why i  get on here to talk with people who can relate! hello my name is Nicoleand we can be cool am a very loving person so sad that i cant get it back!!

momfirst
on 1/9/11 11:08 am - CA
My name is Peggy and while i have support from my family and Best friend i would love to be your support the best i can and help you as i can . i am just beginning my journey  if you would like me to be support for you let me know .. 

life is a journey not a destination......    
BigMomma05
on 10/14/12 11:22 am
 Yes i dont have any support from my mother she just dont commit one way or another. I feel very sad but im praying get approved for the WLS im like a month in half away finishing all my class. Before getting approved for the WLS.
bdocker
on 11/17/11 3:42 am
I think for me the big issue is that friendships and relationships are all based on having things in common. If they are not doing the same thing as you they don't feel like they know how to relate.

That is why I love this place. I find that I can always use more friends any way. So I have my friends from work that don't get what I am going through but I KNOW they'll say congrats when it's all said and done. And I know my personal friends will be happy that I am healthy after it's done, but they just don't have it in them to hear me obsess about this. And I am SO going to obsess.

So I guess my suggestion is that add more friends to your life - and go get you some from here to support you and hear you out. I've made some wonderful friends so far.

Best of luck!
didim62
on 2/9/11 9:20 pm, edited 2/9/11 9:20 pm - Kensington, CT
Your not alone. I have always taken care of friends and family and now find myself without any support so I know how that feels.This forum is a great support and although it doesn't feel the same as having someone in your life supporting you it does help a great deal. I, personally don't know what I would do otherwise. As I always say to my friends and family....my door is always open! As far as the rude comments, I would tell them until they walk in your shoes to keep their comments to themselves. Good luck!
Didi ..... Sleeved and living my NEW LIFE!!!!

Highest WT 381   Surgery WT (367.8)    Current WT 236
Most Active