Brad Ford’s Posts
on 9/15/09 5:45 pm
1. Marraige is great. Definitely worth the wait.
2. While I have kept most of my weight off, I have made zero progress in 16 months and even gained 10lbs. Time to get back on the horse.
3. Unfortunately, I tore up my knee again (one of the reasons I had surgery in the first place). Going to get my meniscus repaired (and possibly my ACL) fixed on October 1st.
on 1/4/09 12:46 pm
As someone with eating issues, it was sad to see the impact it had on their lives.
on 11/17/08 4:52 pm
on 11/16/08 3:02 pm
Teacher was giving me **** about red meat last night. Although I lov her dearly, I married into a freakshow of a family. You know what they did? We went to a very nice steakhouse for my MIL and BIL"s joint birthday bash. Thanks to my crazy MIL, they all ordered steaks (good ones - not Denny's) MEDIUM WELL. OH THE HUMANITY.
Eating good steak medium well is just wrong. Wrong I say. The entire family eats steak that way b/c my mother in law taught them that abomination. Why not just put steak sauce on a prime steak.
Then, Teacher started to give me crap about not having any steak. You see, I have not had a steak since my Lap surgery. When I hit my target weight, I am going to Peter Luger's and having a RARE good steak. Ultimately, she agreed to eat some of my RARE steak when the time comes - hopefully June.
on 11/2/08 1:45 pm
STOP THE DUMB ADS.
on 11/2/08 1:41 pm
Married life is good. Teacher is a great partner and tolerates my oddball habits. To be honest, things would be perfect but for two things:
1. I have developed a sleeping disorder. I cannot stay asleep past 4 am. Needless to say, I am not pleased with this development. Working with a doctor to fix it, but who knows.
2. The freaking economy. On the brightside, the financial crisis has increased my workload making me very busy. Always a good sign for business. On the downside, financial services companies are in the crapper and who knows "who is next" to take a dive. If you had told me 2 years ago AIG would be out of business, I would have called you crazy. Furthermore, other strong companies (like my former employer) are in serious trouble (and my current one is not exactly sitting pretty). I know Bush (and the Repulicans) are getting the blame, but the Democrats (including CT"s idiot Senator Dodd) are just as guilty. In today's WSJ, I saw a story about a couple with a combined $70,000 income that managed to borrow $680K for a house WITH NOTHING DOWN. Now, responsbile borrowers (and employees at banks and insurance companies) are taking it you know where.
on 11/1/08 11:25 am
As an attorney in the financial services industry, it has been kind of crazy (but looking up).
on 9/1/08 5:34 am, edited 9/2/08 5:55 pm
Don't tell my priest or I am going to have to do an enormous amount of penance. I am not kidding when I tell you we ended up staring at a giant schlong shadow for the entire ceremony. It was so obvious, I thought someone was pranking us.
Our wedding was a catholic wedding where teacher and I ended up kneeling in front of the alter (lots of fun for a guy with a bad knee). As I look up, I realized one of the windows is casting a shadow.of the candle (complete with that metal cap thingy) across the alter directly in front of us.
When teacher noticed it, she said glanced over at me and noticed my smirk. It just proved we are the perfect pair.
The honeymoon to Maui went well (except American Airlines blows) and we had a great time.
on 8/7/08 4:35 pm
on 8/7/08 4:29 pm
on 7/8/08 7:27 pm
on 7/1/08 4:12 pm
on 6/12/08 4:33 am