Brad Ford’s Posts

Brad Ford
on 5/13/08 10:42 am
Topic: RE: An excellent appetizer
Frito Pie 1 Can of Chili (already warmed up) 1 Bag (the small one) of regular fritos 1 Cheese topping. In a casserole dish, place a layers of chili and fritos until you run out. Cover with cheese and place in broiler until cheese melts. Not lowfat - very good.
Brad Ford
on 5/11/08 10:43 am
Topic: RE: Wedding Invitation Question: HELP!!
OK - this is my issue. I have a large number of married, female cousins and friends who we are inviting to the wedding. In many cases, I have had little or no contact with the husbands. Teacher says the invitation should be addressed to: Mr. and Mrs. John Doe. I think that is crap. Why would I want to send something to some jack'ss I don't even know and leave off the person I do care about?
Brad Ford
on 4/29/08 11:29 am
Topic: RE: Music Help
We are going with Enter Sandman or Dude looks like a Lady!!
Brad Ford
on 4/24/08 4:32 pm
Topic: RE: Ok, Annie, this is my bi post
Not a ***** Hope you feel good soon.
Brad Ford
on 4/21/08 10:02 am
Topic: RE: Good News
Congratulations. I am sure she will be perfect.
Brad Ford
on 4/18/08 12:28 pm
Topic: RE: Funny Politicians - Bull Balls!!
On a lighter note... Makes you wonder what they were thinking. Senate Bill Would Snip Faux Testicles On Vehicle Bumpers By KEITH MORELLI | The Tampa Tribune Published: April 18, 2008 Updated: 03:35 pm TAMPA - With gasoline skyrocketing and the housing slump pulling down Florida's economy, legislators this week found time to talk about fake bull's testicles that hang from the rear bumpers of vehicles. Often, they hang from the backs of pickup trucks. The state Senate this week opened discussions on the squeamish subject. One senator wants the owners subject to a $60 fine. The move comes as the vehicle accessories are growing in popularity, thanks in part to the Internet sales of brands such as Your Nutz and BullsBalls. This may be more a reaction to a worsening economy than an expression of manliness, said cultural anthropologist Allan Burns, who teaches at the University of Florida in Gainesville. "In these times when people are not having fun and houses are being foreclosed upon and the economy is so bad," Burns said, "the fact that people can be a little cheerful may be a good thing. "In some sense, I think that people have a playful attitude," he said. "Human beings have playful spirits and sometimes that gets expressed in ways like this. I don't think it's evil or vicious. "I suspect that it's not as much some kind of statement about manliness," he said, "as it is just some kind of goofiness." Burns said he has seen the adornments but doesn't know anyone who has them. "I drive a Prius," he said, "so I wouldn't put them on it." Your Nutz, a California Internet mail-order business, boasts colors including sun-kissed sienna, dark forest green and even electric blue lighted sets that cast an eerie glow. David Ham, founder and owner of Your Nutz, said today the replica bull testicle business is booming and he welcomes the free publicity generated by the Florida Senate's discussion. "Every time this happens," he said, "it drives my sales through the roof. I can't thank this lawmaker enough. I'm considering contributing to these guys who are coming up with these bills." "Don't these legislators have better things to do?" he said. "If this is the most important thing to worry about in your state, I want to move there." Without the Internet, Ham said, "I wouldn't have started this business, and there would not be a testicle industry." BullsBalls boasts a wide variety of products, ranging in price from the mid-teens to more than $50 a set. The Arizona retailer sells mocha, ivory, pink, silver, gold and chrome, too. BullsBalls owner John Saller said he has been selling the product for more than 10 years and now ships about 500 sets a month. He said he has even swung deals with new car dealerships in other states to attach the replicas to new cars, if buyers want them. "I sell mostly to states along the East Coast, and Texas and Montana," he said. He heard about the move in the Florida Legislature this week, he said, but he's not concerned. "Florida is not the first state to do this," he said. Virginia and New Jersey legislators have tried similar sanctions, and so far all attempts to reel in the replicas have failed, he said. "It's a First Amendment thing," he said. His advice: "If you're driving down the road with your kid and your kid asks, 'What's that?' and you don't know what to say, just tell them 'That's a male truck.'" Sen. Carey Baker, R-Eustis, sparked the Florida discussion this week. Senators tried not to get too graphic as a bunch of school children watched from the gallery. The fate of the bill remained up in the air and could be decided next week, but the discussion revealed some strong opinions. Sen. Victor Crist, a Republican whose district covers part of Hillsborough and Pasco counties, was flabbergasted that it took place at all. "It was a waste of time," he said this morning. "We have better things to do than sit down and listen to a debate on whether or not someone should be allowed to hang an ornament on their trailer hitch or not. "To me," he said, "It's a First Amendment right of personal expression as long as it's not rude, crude or lewd, and it has not been proven to be that." Reporter Keith Morelli can be reached at (813) 259-7760 or [email protected].
Brad Ford
on 4/18/08 12:25 pm
Topic: RE: More Wackjobs in Texas - WTF??
I love Texas (and miss it often); however, I cannot understand why all the wackjob cults seem to end up in my beloved state. Last I heard, they need 200 attorneys to help sort out the custody nightmare. Made me want to board a plane and go help.
Brad Ford
on 4/13/08 11:09 am
Topic: RE: my date the other night
Rules for Men: 1. Avoid the subject; 2. When forced into a guess, take your best guess and then aim low. Personally, I can never tell.
Brad Ford
on 4/11/08 11:44 am
Topic: RE: Whatsssssssssssss up..........
Healed up and ready to get some outside time, it is freaking raining. Furthermore, teacher is not feeling well. At least the Masters is on TV.
Brad Ford
on 4/11/08 11:42 am
Topic: RE: coming out
I am a Lesbian trapped in a man's body.
Brad Ford
on 4/9/08 8:46 am
Topic: RE: ER visit
Having recently visited the ER in pain, I can honestly say I feel your pain. I am sure you will be back to normal in no time.
Brad Ford
on 4/6/08 10:27 am
Topic: RE: Help - Switching WLS Doctors?
First of all, I love my surgeon - she saved my life - and have nothing bad to say about her or her staff. Unfortunately, her office in NYC means a trip to see her is a full day adventure. This is my issue: the doctor who did my gall bladder surgery is willing to take me as a WL patient. This means getting an adjustment is not a big deal and he would be nearby in an emergency. Has anyone else switched doctors? If so, why and were you satsified with the results? Thanks
Brad Ford
on 3/30/08 11:51 am
Topic: RE: True Nipple Ring Funny
You cannot make this up. I miss Texas. http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8VM3DT00&show_article=1&image=large Woman Says TSA Forced Piercings Removal Mar 27 08:05 PM US/Eastern By GREG RISLING LOS ANGELES (AP) - A Texas woman who said she was forced to remove a nipple ring with pliers in order to board an airplane called Thursday for an apology by federal security agents and a civil rights investigation. "I wouldn't wish this experience upon anyone," Mandi Hamlin said at a news conference. "My experience with TSA was a nightmare I had to endure. No one deserves to be treated this way." Hamlin, 37, said she was trying to board a flight from Lubbock to Dallas on Feb. 24 when she was scanned by a Transportation Security Administration agent after passing through a larger metal detector without problems. The female TSA agent used a handheld detector that beeped when it passed in front of Hamlin's chest, the Dallas-area resident said. Hamlin said she told the woman she was wearing nipple piercings. The women then called over her male colleagues, one of whom said she would have to remove the jewelry, Hamlin said. Hamlin said she could not remove them and asked whether she could instead display her pierced breasts in private to the female agent. But several other male officers told her she could not board her flight until the jewelry was out, she said. She was taken behind a curtain and managed to remove one bar-shaped piercing but had trouble with the second, a ring. "Still crying, she informed the TSA officer that she could not remove it without the help of pliers, and the officer gave a pair to her," said Hamlin's attorney, Gloria Allred, reading from a letter she sent Thursday to the director of the TSA's Office of Civil Rights and Liberties. Hamlin said she heard male TSA agents snickering as she took out the ring. She was scanned again and was allowed to board even though she still was wearing a belly button ring. "After nipple rings are inserted, the skin can often heal around the piercing, and the rings can be extremely difficult and painful to remove," Allred said in the letter. Hamlin filed a complaint, but the TSA's customer service manager at the Lubbock airport concluded the screening was handled properly, Allred said. Allred said she might consider legal action if the TSA does not apologize. On its Web site, the TSA warns that passengers "may be additionally screened because of hidden items such as body piercings, which alarmed the metal detector." "If you are selected for additional screening, you may ask to remove your body piercing in private as an alternative to a pat-down search," the site says. Hamlin would have accepted a "pat-down" had it been offered, Allred said. Hamlin was publicly humiliated and has "undergone an enormous amount of physical pain to have the nipple rings reinserted" because of scar tissue, Allred said. "The conduct of TSA was cruel and unnecessary," Allred wrote. "The last time that I checked a nipple was not a dangerous weapon." TSA spokesman Dwayne Baird said he was unaware of the incident. There is no specific TSA policy on dealing with body piercings, he said, "as long as it doesn't sound the alarms." If an alarm does sound, "until that is resolved, we're not going to let them go through the checkpoint, no matter what they're wearing or where they're wearing it." People routinely pass through security wearing wedding rings without problems, and it might take a larger bit of metal to trigger an alarm, Baird said. Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Brad Ford
on 3/30/08 10:56 am
Topic: RE: dumb ass....
Wow. I will definitely say a prayer for you and I am sure it will work out.
Brad Ford
on 3/30/08 10:38 am
Topic: RE: a little sad today
Do you want a cat? Teacher has one and I hate cats. You just have to promise not to tell anyone.
Brad Ford
on 3/30/08 10:36 am
Topic: RE: Unbanded!! I will not pig out!!
Although they can remove it in extraordinary cir****tances, they normally keep it in. Once you reach goal weight, the challenge is to find the right setting to maintain weight. Under normal cir****tances, I cannot eat much in the way of meat, any hard breads, or certain veggies. If I eat them or eat quickly, I get the pukes. With it totally wide open, I can eat anything without restriction - which is really weird. I am going in for a surgery follow up and the first refill (you have to work back up to the old level). Sorry for not responding more.
Brad Ford
on 3/30/08 10:32 am
First week in August. It is coming at us like a freight train. Teacher is taking two classes for her masters, working full time, and planning a wedding with little help from others. At this point, I am focusing on 9 days in Maui. Nine days in Maui. Actually, things are great. Just very busy until she finishes classes in May (teaching in June).
Brad Ford
on 3/29/08 10:16 am
In order to get my GB out, they had to deflate my band and decided to leave it that way until the swelling went down. Holy crap, I haven't been free eating since 2005. I will not pig out. I will not pig out. I will not pig out. Since I am unable to work out, there is no chance at working out to get rid of any excess calories. Now, teacher is taking me to a freaking birthday party!!! I will not pig out. I will not pig out.
Brad Ford
on 3/29/08 7:53 am
Topic: RE: Hey people, I'm back!
My god woman. Here I have been feeling sorry about myself about losing my gallbladder and you have been home seriously ill. You will definitely in teacher and my prayers. Drop me a note when you are up and about. Peace, Bill
Brad Ford
on 3/25/08 8:39 am
Topic: RE: Back from Hospital
On Sunday, we had Easter dinner with Teacher's family. A few hours later, my stomach started hurting. Thinking I was constipated and cramping, I didn't think much of it. Unfortunately, the pain began to build until I had Teacher take me to the ER at 2am. Because the pain was across my middle, I thought I had busted my band. After we arrived, they gave me some painkillers and proceeded to ultrasound me to death. You name it, they took a picture of it. Eventually, they determined I had stones and the gallbladder needed to come out. Because I was dehydrated, the original plan was to hydrate me and do the surgery in the morning. Luckily, one of the bariatric surgeons had a cancellation and it was decided to do the surgery immediately. Instead of the 1 hour surgery, I was under for 2.5 hours. Had we waited until morning, my surgeon believes it would have ruptured and they would have had do a traditional open surgery. Because of fears of complications, they had me stay overnight for observation. Thankfully, things appear to have gone well. They were surprised when I got up to walk around on my own. (I remember my lap band surgery - walking prevents gas). Tomorrow, I am looking forward to a day of Jerry Springer antics and boredom beyond compare. Nevertheless, it beats the alternative.
Brad Ford
on 3/17/08 9:56 am
Topic: RE: Me, missing in action
I am sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well.
Brad Ford
on 3/12/08 8:53 am
Topic: RE: Biggest loser couples
I am mad at you. No spoiler alert??? I am watching it now on DVR. How cool was it that Ali lost all that weight on her own.
Brad Ford
on 3/6/08 9:18 am
Topic: RE: I am angry
I am sorry to hear that. At least spring is almost upon us. Peace, Bill
Brad Ford
on 3/6/08 9:13 am
Topic: RE: Call Center Funnies
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/06/technology/personaltech/06pogue-email.html?ex=1362546000 &en=4eeb8a2dea8c3c9a&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink Read this and couldn't stop laughing my a'ss off. For anyone who has worked the phones, it is priceless revenge on stupid customers.
Most Active